Hello from a new member/owner!

alec2538

First and foremost: allow me to thank each and every member for their contributions to this amazing forum!

I'm delighted to share with everyone my latest acquisition: a 1991 Bright Red over Flame Red coupe. 93k miles, rust free, parked since at least 2020. VIN# ends with 900298. From what I've read, it seems to be a unique yet standard example. Pin stripe delete, black body molding, CD player. No sunroof or 16-way seats.

I don't have any photo's to share just yet, so here's the original Marketplace listing:

1991 Buick Reatta

Purchase price? $800. I'll be sure to post a true introduction thread once I get her home.

Thanks for posting....  The color combination is a one year thing. 

Earlier cars had an interior listed as red but was actually burgundy,  so the 1991 Flame Red interior was a one year item. 

My reference material says there were 38 coupes in that combination.   11 had sunroofs so that leaves 27 without. 

The pinstripe delete alone make it unique/rare among that color combination.   As I noted on another post one source 

indicates only 9% of all '91 Reattas had the pinstripe delete, if accurate then 2.5 had the delete option.  

Since Buick did not make and half cars,  then yours would be one of 2 or 3.     I will see if I can get a good count. 

• Like 1

I looked up your car on the Benvie 1991 listing (this is available online...but presently down) 

It appears your car came with a 55A pinstripe (gold) so there is a chance the car has been repainted.

To verify,  look beside the spare tire, right side and lift the padding.   you will find the Service parts label

this is the DNA of your car.   Take a picture for your records.   I suspect it contains the 55A code. 

I did find an odd ball while looking at the Benvie file.    900298 Red/red and has a red pinstripe.

I wonder if it was actually produced that way. 

If you own a Reatta they all have a Service Parts label that gives you the DNA (build information ) for that car. 

It also has the paint codes should you want touch up or need to paint a panel.  

On early 1988 Reattas,  this label was on the underside of the trunk lid.   Later '88 and all other years have the label

in the trunk,  on the right side of the spare tire, on the side of the spare tire well.   You must lift the insulation pad to see it. 

I thought I had a picture but could not find it. 

Here is the label you are looking for.   

The cars vin number is at the top of the label..... all the 3 digit codes mean something and those are available at www.reattaowner.net

Example if you have a sunroof car, that code will be CA1

Some of the codes are marketing codes but I suggest you take a picture of this label and keep it with the records for your car 

reatta service labelII.jpg

900149.jpg

Thank you for all the information, Barney! I won't have the car in my possession until the 25th, at which time I'll make sure and snap a picture of the RPO sticker.

I'm an ASE auto mechanic and a GM fan boy, so hopefully I'll be diving into this project slightly less blind than some.

Oh, I did squint again at the photos from the listing, and it does indeed appear that my car has a thin gold pinstripe, so that was my mistake. Not that I'm disappointed, I actually prefer the black trim vs. body color and the gold pinstripe to break up the body line.

Edited by alec2538 (see edit history)