How much should I ask for this car jack?

GotAJack

That’s a neat jack!

I know nothing about the jack collecting market so cannot offer advice on if this style or model has a strong collector value, but… I and several of my friends use old mechanical jacks because we trust them more than cheap hydraulic jacks and high end hydraulic jacks are freakishly expensive.  A good mechanical floor jack is worth two cheap ones when I am buying… so 80-150 bucks. 

5 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

The cost to ship it across the country or into the next state will be cost 2 to 3 times whatever anyone pays you for it. 

That is absolutely true. 

• Like 3

Obviously you fellers on here haven't bought any Birkenstocks lately. More $$$ than an average pair of shoes. Put the Jack on FB Market place for around $100 or a little better. Local pickup only. If it does not sell in a week, Drop the price $25. After another week, drop it again until it sells. Also consider offers. I've seen these sell for $15 to $20 bucks at an auction but it had been a number of years ago. It may be worth more now to someone. 

• Like 4

If you're not an automotive-type person, it never hurts to ask and get some opinions. At the end of the day however, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If the item were something like a common Falcon or Impala hubcap, somebody that really needs it might be happy to pay that $25 asking price. To the next guy it's just another $1 frisbee or a wall hanger. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I think threads like this would go a lot better if the OP put a bit more effort in to the original post and question.  

LOCATION being requirement # ONE,  Not your street address, STATE would help on any item over 20 pounds or in a box 2 foot square. 

• Like 2

Thank you to the people who had helpful replies. I’m not a car guy, that’s why I joined recently, just to see if I could get help on identifying and value. Obviously the jack is not anything special and not worth the effort to ship. The thing is 5 feet long and weighs 30 lbs of cast iron on one end. Hope this helps with some of the replies. Oh I live in Louisiana.

Thanks for checking back in, GotAJack!  If you were closer I may be interested, but shipping would be expensive!  GLWTS…

I used to have two of these. They are kind of sketchy to use, and would drop cars every now and then. I dragged them to Hershey for a few years, and advertised them for sale at a very low price. I eventually gave them away to a local scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd ask about a million dollars, then sit around dreaming about what I'm going to do with all that money...........................

Seriously, people all the time ask "How much can I get........".  Just put a price on how much you want and let it go for whatever you can get.  Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

• Haha 1