In Pursuit of The Elusive & Expensive Red Head

Please pardon this suggestion because I'm certain it will include me with the sacrilegious.  The Red Head cylinder head, a requirement on all Model 72 roadsters and an option on others, aside from the difference in compression between that and the standard head, are there any other distinguishing characteristics besides the Red Head letters cast into the cylinder head front and rear?  If not why can't some enterprising person cast duplicates of the letters so they can be affixed to the head in the proper place with JB Weld dressed up around the edges and problem solved.  

9 minutes ago, leomara said:

The head on my 1928 Model 72 roadster does not have the Silver Dome or Red Head identification, must have not been OEM...

Hi leomara my model 72 convertible coupe does not have silver dome or red head identification either

I’ve always had a special spot in my heart  for the redheads. They are wonderful. High cost upfront and high maintenance but I found a hey have always been worth it.  Never regretted a single minute of my time or a single dollar I spent on them. Same goes for the Chryslers! 😎

The car shown below spent a little bit of time in my hands.

CCAD1EB3-64D3-40D1-A335-25AD37A0EE47.jpeg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Refer the eBay item https://www.ebay.com/itm/174197641407 It is obviously a reproduction, interesting to note that someone is willing to produce such a low demand product and I guess the price is acceptable if you compare the cost/price of raised compression 23" and 25 " Mopar L6 heads a few years back. I would personally have included more information in advertising such an expensive item, that differs from the original by being made in aluminum and omitting the cylinder #6 check hole.

29ChryDCPetcMarinersmarinaRedHeadinaluqm.jpg.a32640b53a634b602b5639d3400c110a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Are not the part #s that are cast into the heads for the red head and silver dome  different from the standard heads ? 

Just asking . I dont know. I wonder what happened to the gentleman that about 3 yrs ago said he was in the process of having molds made and would be casting 

and machining them and was looking for folks to pre sell them to . ???   Cricketkj26