My 1954 Spring Fashion Show scores

Been haggling with my friend Jan over these for YEARS, we finally came to mutually agreeable terms. They’ll reside on the wall over Dora B, the Arctic White over Gulf Turquoise ‘54 Roadmaster along with other Spring Fashion Show pieces. Thanks @HOMETOWN BUICK

A268030C-7CDE-49AE-9169-D529AA8FA879.jpeg.5b4d3283184bcf922af96e825d82c9f0.jpeg

ABD8EA47-8D00-4697-95E3-43B3C3559EAA.jpeg.bd04095b59fc7d53a0773aaf9d43a12a.jpeg

Elvis wasn’t the least impressed. But what does a hound dog know. 

D0F8E932-43FC-4BDC-B09D-6B3C16360B47.jpeg.58bfc6929d928bef884cf123f95db8fe.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

I actually did go out and check.  Figured it's a springtime 1955 Poster. I knew it was one of those years.  I got some other dealer posters with a literature lot I bought and there are some various ones from 1950 and 1951 with the history of Buick. I think I sent you one of those before for one of the years from the 40's or early 50's.  Also there are 2 for 1953 One for Power steering and another for smooth ride, as well as a 1954 or 1955 Cutaway poster.  Might be another I don't recall at the moment.  They are all big rolled posters,  not the smaller ones that came folded in the dealer kits.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

as well as a 1954 or 1955 Cutaway poster.  Might be another I don't recall at the moment.  They are all big rolled posters,  not the smaller ones that came folded in the dealer kits.  

if '54, I'd really like to see those, can you message or email me some pictures 1954buick@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I figured since it's been sitting rolled up in my office I should atleast add the photos of what it looks like,  though it's a 55 Piece.  Pretty big as well.  It's 38 by 50 inches. Has a little tattering to the top edge where it was rolled up but actually lays flat and would not be very noticable framed.  Which if I don't get around to selling it one of these days,  I should frame it and hang it in the big garage.   I wanted to get a better picture but didn't dare roll it out on the floor with our bulldog roaming around, as I'm sure he would have tried to eat it,  or if nothing else,  walk across it while i was trying to get a picture. 

IMG_1490.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

Those aren't mutually exclusive options.  I'd definitely frame it!  ;)

Once I frame it though,  It's much easier to hang it than ship it. ;)  Rolled it's still pretty easy to ship.  

Of course I have about 20-25 Dealer posters, Mopar, Pontiac and Buick I could frame up,  just too many other projects ahead of them at the time being to even think about it. Some are more graphic than others.  I would rate this higher than most on the list. Problem is I like to put everything behind plexiglass, once it's framed,  so that gets expensive as well.   Though I did go through all my scrap wood and made up a bunch of frame stock last time I had all my tools out, so the first phase is done. 

• Like 2

This is the only piece I have actually photographed.  Some time I'll have to take part of a day and roll them out and get some pictures for reference if for nothing else.  A calm day and i could do them on the deck or actually the  back of the Hudson big boy would work well as well. 

I know the Pontiac Pieces are roughly 1932 Vintage.  The Buick for the most part are 53 and 55 with a few of those history of Buick ones that are slightly earlier.  The 53 One of those is neat as it has a nice color Skylark on the bottom. 

• Thanks 1