65 fuse box - left fuses not getting power (solved)

Brtele

Blew a radio fuse recently, replaced the fuse and now I have no power (key on or off) to the fuses on the left side of the fuse box. I do have power to the right side fuses.

Are there a “main” fuses for the different sides of the fuse box?

Thanks

Edited by Brtele (see edit history)

As stated remove the plastic cover from the fuse block. On the backside of the fuseblock you will find a large red wire which is the battery feed to one side bussbar. The large brown wire is ignition switched voltage to the bussbar on the opposite side. Loose connector, fried wiring and both are common.

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yep, you guys were correct.  When I pulled the fuse box out of the dash, the brown wire was not as long as the remainder of the slack and it disconnected from the spade.  Sanded/cleaned the connection, reconnected it and everything popped back to life.  Thanks for the quick help!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• Brtele changed the title to 65 fuse box - left fuses not getting power (solved)
1 hour ago, Brtele said:

Yep, you guys were correct.  When I pulled the fuse box out of the dash, the brown wire was not as long as the remainder of the slack and it disconnected from the spade.  Sanded/cleaned the connection, reconnected it and everything popped back to life.  Thanks for the quick help!

image.jpeg

Shorter because that spade lug has been replaced before, make sure it’s tight on..

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 9:15 AM, telriv said:

That brown wire has a BS crimp on connector.

Bad right there & the terminal is rusty to boot.

Tom T.

Agree, I’m not a fan of the crimp connector, but I was already a little short on wire length and didn’t want to sacrifice any additional. I sanded the terminal shiny and ensured the connections were very tight.