Help Id Auto from family photo

Harrisonharp

Home made body for sure. But the chassis could be up to about 1916 or possibly even a couple of years newer. Oakland used those  " 3 / 4 " rear springs up to at least 1916. By 1914 several makes had switched to LHD.

That electric horn tells me the car is later than you think. 1914 and up in my opinion. The 3/4 elliptic rear spring was around then, and later in some cases. I think the chassis may be mid teens Peerless. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

Reversed.Right or wrong?

1741.jpg.d43b261fb42155e4231baa22943c4a79(4).jpg.f6d35de066c64754817e6cd06d518ee8.jpg

That puts a whole new spin on it. We may never know. In the original he's pulled over to the right side of the road which may make a bit more sense than the left side in the reverse. I would think he would have the valve in the Prestolite bottle up rather than down. The electric horn is a really good point but the thing still gas lights. That thing shown on the top of the horn may be a plunger so it may be a manual.

7 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

Reversed.Right or wrong?

Here's a closeup of the spares, original and reversed.  There's not much tread on the larger spare but does anyone want to hazard a guess as to which way shows the NON SKID correctly?

image.jpeg.43f6aabdfa1e6652e5e70fd59796e847.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...