NEED SOME 48-STAR AMERICAN FLAGS

Terry Wiegand

Would anyone out there know of a source for 48-Star Flags for our Buick?  These flags that are on the car now are a period accessory from the WW1 era.  It was the patriotic thing to do at that time.  Everyone had a flag flying at their home and they were everywhere, even on automobiles.  I have the original box that these came in and my Dad got them at the Lawrence Swap Meet in the early 1960's.  They were old when he got them then and the material has not held up all that well at this point.  I would really like to find a source to have some new ones made.  My personal feelings are that it is disrespectful to fly and/or display Old Glory when she is in a state of disrepair.  Any help with this request will really be appreciated.  At this point I am going to take them off the car and retire them to their box.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

P2231639.JPG

P8061528.JPG

Terry - Eder Flag Company is an American, employee owned company making flags in Wisconsin.  They make a 48 star flag...however the smallest size 48 star they make is 3ft. by 5ft. 

Small 12 inch x 18 inch flags are out there on the Internet.  From what I can tell they are foreign made.  You may have to forgo the Made in America to get the size you need. 

I found a really nice looking small (12x18) embroidered nylon flag on Amazon...but it was probably made by the finest Chinese craftsman.  It looks like it might hold up better on the front of a car at 40 mph than the screen printed on cotton flags.  Only 14 of these left.  Take a look and good luck with your Buy American stance.  I hope you can find something out there.  Maybe get these and keep searching for American made.  Pete

https://www.amazon.com/Spangled-American-Motorcycle-Embroidered-Grommets/dp/B09ZYWKSKT?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1QV0D1Y1LJCVC

Edited by IFDPete
Wording (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Terry,

You might try to find someone in your area, maybe Wichita, that does custom silk screen or fabric printing. We have a local outfit that prints custom banners and such. The lady there said they can print fabric, but they do not stock for it.  These custom advertising outfits are basically industrial inkjet printing people and they can print to any size from artwork or a good picture. You might be able to have a small batch printed so you have nice crisp new flags for shows and parades and then just use them up for fun driving. When they are tattered they can be either burned with respect (proper disposal) or given to any VFW for retirement. Good Luck and let us know what you find out.

• Like 3

THANK YOU to everyone for your responses and suggestions.  I have done a bit more searching and have come up with another company that I want to talk to.  The company is Annin Flag Company.  I want to talk with them and Eder Flag.  There is just something wrong with having the symbol of our country made by people who hate America and everything that our wonderful country stands for.  I served our country and earned an Honorable Discharge from The United States Navy.  I will definitely let everyone know how this is going to turn out.  This Buick has to have WW1 era 48-Star flags on it - no exceptions.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1