Online Judging School would be great

Frantz

For those of us not fortunate enough to be retired, one of the biggest challenges is the judging school. Frankly I work on Saturday's too, so in order to judge I generally am taking two days off work, one for the event, and a 2nd day just for the judging school. I can't quite say it feels worthy of a vacation day (CJEs are awesome though, but sometimes we're able to have those the morning of the event so not as big of a challenge). It would be wonderful if we could do an online training for the annual judging school requirement. Like other online classes you can have the quizzes be required to pass, and even if someone where to just click play and walk away, passing the quizzes would be more involved than the folks I see nodding off during judging school sometimes 😉

I'm willing to help put this all together as well. Just not sure how to get the conversation going with those in charge to get it approved. But we'd have plenty of time to have it ready for 2024. Then each year you can just reedit for the updates.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I started a conversation related to this back in 2010 (or earlier).  New technology and a new website for us may finally be the answer to getting this "on-line" - pun intended!  A lot of the seminars from the Annual Convention fall into this area as well.  Wouldn't it be nice to tune-in and use one of these seminars for your local club meeting?

Terry

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, Terry Bond said:

Actually I started a conversation related to this back in 2010 (or earlier).  New technology and a new website for us may finally be the answer to getting this "on-line" - pun intended!  A lot of the seminars from the Annual Convention fall into this area as well.  Wouldn't it be nice to tune-in and use one of these seminars for your local club meeting?

Terry

Well about time to join the 21st century!

• Like 1