1979 98- 403 with th350- what will fit in/swap with

I have a 1979 olds 98 wiht a 403 with th350 auto transmission that are in greta shape. unfortunately grandma decided to total the front end out before deciding she could not drive anymore otherwise engine and trans are in perfect condition. My question is what other vehicle scould I use this engine trans. set up in so that I don't waste a good powerplant. I am looking for an easy drop in swap nothing complicated. I guess while I am asking does this transmission have both a short and long tail depending on models? THanks for oyur help-- Need to get this excellent set up back in use.

I replaced a 307 Olds with a 200 Metric in my 1985 LeSabre with that combo. The engine is a drop in. All wiring and mounts were perfect. I don't recall any problems. I did upgrade my radiator to a 3 core Modine due to the engine being a 100 CI more. The trans just required the crossmember to be moved slightly even the drive shaft was a perfect fit. I had some problems with a TV cable, as I recall, but this was because I was piecing the car together. I think your combo would fit into a Cutlass without much trouble.

Try to find any Gbody Olds out there. A 403 is out right rude in a gbody car. They are always selling like crazy and easy to get parts for.

• 5 weeks later...