Question for Punta Gorda

wyo218

Believe it or not Punta Gorda is a veritable hot bed of old car activity! The Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Region of the VMCCA has a car show, meet, barbeque, etc, almost every week of the year. Down the road in Fort Myers is the Edison Chapter of the AACA and a little further down the road is the Naples-Marco Island Chapter of the AACA. Also, Naples has one of the premiere car collections which includes a one of two Duesenberg SSJs. Florida also has not one but two CCCA Chapters to choose from. If you would like names and telephone numbers of who to contact, let me know and I'll give them to you.

Great Job Ed! I sent the link to the Peace River Region website in an email yesterday as well. Hopefully you'll have a new member before too long. Ever get over Brevard County way? We'll be hosting the Winter 2004 National Meet in March of 2004, c'mon over and enjoy our hospitality!

Rich

• 18 years later...

I live in Sebring, Florida where antique car activity is zero minus.  My house is 67 miles from Punta Gorda by US-17.  All of the above is dated 2003.  Can anybody fill me in on the current situation with the Peach River Region.  Is it still an active and friendly group?  I don't find 67 miles too far to go to meetings and activities.  I could even drive US-17 with my '39 or '41 Buick.

• 6 months later...

Hey Dynaflash 8

Just found this forum and your question.  I'm the secretary of Peace River Car Club for the last 15 years and we are still going strong.  Covid got us down a little and we haven't been as active, but we had our meeting last week and everyone is raring to go.  Our annual show will be held next Saturday, January 15th from 10a-1p.  There will be unusual trophies, music, 50/50 and the best door prizes around, as well as food for purchase.  It will be held at the Moose Lodge #2121 at 3462 Loveland in Port Charlotte.  Come join us and check us out.  I'll have applications for the club at the registration desk.  Many of us used to enjoy Sebring Thunder and staying at the Kenilworth, really miss that whole weekend.  See our show flyer attached.  You can email me at secretary@peacerivercarclub.com  Our website is being rebuilt right now so there's nothing but a cover page, but the address is www.peacerivercarclub.com

Moose Jan 2022.jpg

Edited by Anita (see edit history)