1934 LaSalle survivor car

Here are some pics of my 1934 LaSalle survivor car. I've had it for over 20 years now. All original paint, upholstery. My friend Jim Griffin and myself did an engine job in the car overall. Rings, Valves, bearings, starter, generator, water pump, fuel pump, etc. 

It's a wonderful driving car. Much better handing, steering, driving, and comfort than my 1934 Chrysler Airflow Coupe. I wish the LaSalle had an overdrive and a few more horsepower like the Airflow. 

I am the 3rd owner. I bought the LaSalle from John (Bud) Sullivan Jr. and his wife Phyllis Sullivan. It was their honeymoon car in the 1940's. Bud was a gear head and had many cars and motorcycles over his lifetime. The LaSalle made a couple trips to the Indy 500 over the years. Here are some pictures when I first saw the car, some vintage pictures. Notice the dent in the right rear fender in 1940 is still there. The car did polish up very nice. 

The best part of this story because of their car, I became good friends with this wonderful WW2 couple from the greatest generation. They became like my 2nd parents. My parents are gone as well as Bud and Phyllis are gone now. I will never forget their friendship. I think we are getting down to about 150,000 WW2 survivors now. Let's never forget that generation when this country was good & great. 

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3153.jpeg

IMG_3133 (5).jpeg

IMG_0247 (1).JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

Here are some pics of my 1934 LaSalle survivor car. I've had it for over 20 years now. All original paint, upholstery. My friend Jim Griffin and myself did an engine job in the car overall. Rings, Valves, bearings, starter, generator, water pump, fuel pump, etc. 

It's a wonderful driving car. Much better handing, steering, driving, and comfort than my 1934 Chrysler Airflow Coupe. I wish the LaSalle had an overdrive and a few more horsepower like the Airflow. 

I am the 3rd owner. I bought the LaSalle from John (Bud) Sullivan Jr. and his wife Phyllis Sullivan. It was their honeymoon car in the 1940's. Bud was a gear head and had many cars and motorcycles over his lifetime. The LaSalle made a couple trips to the Indy 500 over the years. Here are some pictures when I first saw the car, some vintage pictures. Notice the dent in the right rear fender in 1940 is still there. The car did polish up very nice. 

The best part of this story because of their car, I became good friends with this wonderful WW2 couple from the greatest generation. They became like my 2nd parents. My parents are gone as well as Bud and Phyllis are gone now. I will never forget their friendship. I think we are getting down to about 150,000 WW2 survivors now. Let's never forget that generation when this country was good & great. 

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3153.jpeg

IMG_3133 (5).jpeg

IMG_0247 (1).JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

Great year and super rare body style !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1