Ed Minnie talking about solutions looking for a problem.

West Peterson

Ed is a man of the people. He has the knowledge to tell you about any car at a show on a level for a common guy like me to understand why the car is so special. He doesn’t talk down to you he explains things in a manner for you to understand. I’m very proud to say he has been kind enough to take me under his wing and help me solve problems. He’s a nice guy too. Now if only he liked Woodford Reserve over that Royal Crown, I meant Crown Royal stuff. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping to make it to the convention this year, and Ed's Seminar was one I would've been sure to attend. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I would've been tempted to take the teacher an apple.......some Crown apple that is! 😃 

Hope everyone who attended is having a great time!!

• Like 2

I introduced myself and a friend to Ed today at the conference before his session.  I was truly surprised how calm and educational he was!  Much more quiet and reserved than his on-line presence led me to believe!  Thank you for your wisdom and time, Ed!  I hope to get down to South Florida one day to take a turn at the wheel of the White!  All the best,  Greg

Edited by 63RedBrier (see edit history)
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 63RedBrier said:

I introduced myself and a friend to Ed today at the conference before his session.  I was truly surprised how calm and educational he was!  Mulch more quiet and reserved than his on-line presence led me to believe!  Thank you for your wisdom and time, Ed!  I hope to get down to South Florida one day to take a turn at the wheel of the White!  All the best,  Greg

It’s not his normal personality….it’s the Crown relaxing him! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

I can state for a fact, I have not had any Crown for over a week. Sad, but true!

Yes, I saw the article about the Crown Royal Distillery having to slow down production…..Canada’s GNP is taking a hit….

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

I can state for a fact, I have not had any Crown for over a week. Sad, but true!

I was recently gifted a bottle of crown that predates you drinking it legally, hopefully is survives until Hershey. 

8D8A4038-3CBE-4729-9948-17B77BADBC4B.jpeg

• Like 3

Maybe Ed is switching brands. I would after seeing some of the Crown Royal commercials. Young guy goes and gets some CR. Heads over to his Mom's apartment to drink with Mom. Now there's a dream come true. 🙄😁

Now, back to the National Convention. Anybody record any of the seminars or have some photos to share??

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, SC38dls said:

image.png.35011abf1774596c05039ec708719093.pngCould Ed have meant he hasn’t drunk any Royal Crown Cola instead of Crown Royal in the last week? 
dave s 

You need a pack of Lance peanuts or a genuine Chattanooga Bakery Moon Pie (the original and always the best!) to go with that.😋

How has the convention been?

• Like 5

If someone had asked him: 

"Could you compare a 1932 Ford Eight with 221 Cu. In., and a 1932 Pierce-Arrow Eight of 366 Cu. In.?", I would imagine he may have had a similar expression. Makes me wonder what point in the session he was at, and the topic.

3 hours ago, 1935Packard said:

I assume this was for Ed's lecture,  "How to Make Any Car Better Using Only Bondo and Duct Tape."

No, scotch tape and popsicle sticks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, jeff_a said:

If someone had asked him: 

"Could you compare a 1932 Ford Eight with 221 Cu. In., and a 1932 Pierce-Arrow Eight of 366 Cu. In.?", I would imagine he may have had a similar expression. Makes me wonder what point in the session he was at, and the topic.

Someone may have asked: How often should I change signal light fluid? How do I tighten the power band? How do you know when the muffler bearings are going bad? How can I make my Model T Ford go 70 mph? What is that grinding sound when I shift gears? What does sorting a car mean? Is that like sorting the parts when you have it apart? 

I would've asked all of those questions had I been there. 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, pkhammer said:

Someone may have asked: How often should I change signal light fluid? How do I tighten the power band? How do you know when the muffler bearings are going bad? How can I make my Model T Ford go 70 mph? What is that grinding sound when I shift gears? What does sorting a car mean? Is that like sorting the parts when you have it apart? 

I would've asked all of those questions had I been there. 😜

Maybe it would be disrespectful but we need a "stupid questions" sticky thread at the top of the forum. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing because of the age of the audience (we all know it's true) he was feeling like a substitute teacher as the door kept opening and closing due to our geriatric use of the restrooms....

He has that look like he's about to lose his patience.

His inside voice:

"Really guys, you can't wait? Ok, I'm just going to stand here until everyone gets seated.... God I wish I had some Crown right about now".

All joking aside, we definitely appreciate you Ed. Thanks for your willingness to share your experiences and knowledge in the hobby for some of the most rare birds. Your sense of humor isn't too bad either.

One of these days I'd like to see a ongoing thread called "Guess what I'm driving today" using one photo of your view from the drivers (or passengers) seat so the only clues we would have are part of the windshield, some dash components, the hood and ornament, and possibly headlights that way we can all live vicariously through you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as time permits. Adhering to all safety standards and possible owner permission would be a must of course... ;) 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

"Why Packard was the top seller of the three Ps"...

Then, as now…….the majority wasn’t particularly bright. 🤪

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, SC38dls said:

Quantity doesn’t equal quality! 
dave s 

The man who owns a Pierce Arrow, envies no one. 

Pierce Arrow literature……….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SC38dls said:

Ed, they just had a CR commercial on the Super Bowl, I was looking for you but didn’t see you endorsing your favorite beverage. Did they not consult you or did I just miss your staring role? 
dave s 

I saw the same commercial and wondered if this was the reason that Ed has not had any Crown for over a week. Was he protesting that he didn't get asked to be in the commercial?

Tim

• Haha 2