Time capsule 64

July of 21 I bought my latest Riv, a 1 owner, unmolested, special ordered 64.  I've driven it sparingly, but when I did, the cornering was pretty laughable.  Yesterday, and just now, I installed a new set of shocks and discovered what might have been the issue.  On all 4 corners resided gold Delco Pleasurizer units with (if I'm reading a date codes correctly) build dates between 1968 and 71!  

To be fair, the owner only asked for 30 years of service(!), since he died in 2000 and the car had slumbered nicely in heated storage thereafter.  I'm looking forward to the next test drive!  I just installed the freshly rebuilt correct KW 425 engine and am sorting the Electro-cruise system, not that I will likely use it much. 

0209231615.jpg

0209231616.jpg

• Like 6

When I bought my 56 Cadillac the front shocks were so weak that the front end bounced up and down like a pogo stick.When I pulled them they had no resistance to movement. First time I'd ever seen that, they might have been the originals. Put on new heavy duty shocks shocks and a set of radial tires and it became much more manageable, almost like a modern car.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 6:34 PM, Deanoko said:

gold Delco Pleasurizer units

Wow, why don't they come up with names like "Pleasurizer" for shock absorbers anymore? Answer: For obvious reasons. And that's all I'm saying.

I love that '64 Riviera. The color is fantastic!

• Like 1