Headlight jewel color 1928 Series 72

2 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Does anyone know the correct color of the jewel in the top of the headlights?

I have a 1928 series 72 convertible coupe and there are no jewels in headlights

Is your car a sedan or coupe ???

On 1/31/2023 at 6:52 AM, 31 LaSalle said:

I have a 1928 series 72 convertible coupe and there are no jewels in headlights

Is your car a sedan or coupe ???

If I remember correctly from photos I have seen of your car it is running different/maybe later style headlights. I think yours are dome type lights not drum style like most 72’s had

20 hours ago, Vintageben said:

If I remember correctly from photos I have seen of your car it is running different/maybe later style headlights. I think yours are dome type lights not drum style like most 72’s had

hi Vintageben you are correct about my headlights they look the same as the 75 roadsters

I could be wrong but all the roadsters seem to have cowl lights my car has no cowl lights

but has extra lights built into headlights 

37 minutes ago, 31 LaSalle said:

hi Vintageben you are correct about my headlights they look the same as the 75 roadsters

I could be wrong but all the roadsters seem to have cowl lights my car has no cowl lights

but has extra lights built into headlights 

Yes I think all the 75 Roadsters I have seen have cowl lights but many of the 72 Coupes do not as or example mine doesn’t but like your lights it has the parker lights built into the headlights. One thing I’m wondering is the diameter of your lights as they look a little small but that could be just the angle of photo. The drum type light on my 72 measurements approximately 11inches across and so do my 75 fully domed type the 65 are smaller. 
Cheers Ben

15 hours ago, Vintageben said:

Yes I think all the 75 Roadsters I have seen have cowl lights but many of the 72 Coupes do not as or example mine doesn’t but like your lights it has the parker lights built into the headlights. One thing I’m wondering is the diameter of your lights as they look a little small but that could be just the angle of photo. The drum type light on my 72 measurements approximately 11inches across and so do my 75 fully domed type the 65 are smaller. 
Cheers Ben

HI Vintageben  I have measured my lights and you are correct they are smaller 9 1/2 Inch

what size are the 65  

• Like 1

Yes I would say that they are probably 65’s here’s a photo of my 65 headlight B1CE40E2-BCF8-479D-8433-E48C666582B2.jpeg.52e5428fdd017743e3c41d50433fdad4.jpeg And here is one of my 72 headlight. 2887E304-3128-49FF-A2EA-06EBF263A558.jpeg.f8f301d872d8f81aaa09fde8a1ddab89.jpegI would have to say the larger lights really make the vehicle pop and if I was you I would probably run with what you’ve got but keep an eye out for the larger 72 or 75 lights. But that just me. Oh yeah I can get a photo of a 75 light tomorrow now it a bit late so heading to bed

Vintageben,

Thanks for the input. I was wondering where you have seen pictures of my car? I haven't posted any and would like as much info as I can get.

6 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Vintageben,

Thanks for the input. I was wondering where you have seen pictures of my car? I haven't posted any and would like as much info as I can get.

Hi BlueDevil 

I was actually referring to 31 LaSalle’s car as he had commented that he didn’t have jewels on the back of his headlights. As for your headlight the one in your picture at the start of this thread looks the same as mine only chromed. Sorry if we hijacked your thread but I hope you benefited from the info as well. I can take a few more photos of my 72 headlights if that helps? 
Cheers Ben

There are 5 different part numbers for headlights for series 72 depending on your cars body style and FEDCO number. Depending on this information, your car may have had the lights painted black, grey or brown, or they could have been nickel plated. None of these part numbers interchange with any other series, so a Chrysler 70 series light may fit your car, but it will not be correct.

• Like 1

Hi viv w,  one more option I believe is chrome plating on bright work for Model 72 Sport Roadsters but I have nothing to verify.  I would love for it to be nickel, that would save me a few $$$

On 2/3/2023 at 10:48 PM, viv w said:

There are 5 different part numbers for headlights for series 72 depending on your cars body style and FEDCO number. Depending on this information, your car may have had the lights painted black, grey or brown, or they could have been nickel plated. None of these part numbers interchange with any other series, so a Chrysler 70 series light may fit your car, but it will not be correct.

HI viv w I was wondering if you had a clue as to what headlights were fitted to a 1928 72 conv coupe

with a fedco number CC422L  I thought mine were original but as VINTAGE BEN pointed out most had drum lights

as fitted to Blue Devils