Can I put 10 inch wide wheels on rear of my 65 riv

Barracuda71

I am looking to have my factory rally wheels sent off to  STOCKTON WHEELS in stockton california to punch out to 17x9.5  I want to fill the rear wheel well up  from the front outer lip to inner wheel well. I was lookin for pics here. What is the max back spacing on a wheel. The rubber would be about 305 40 or 295 40. I want rubber for driveability 

On 1/29/2023 at 12:03 PM, Barracuda71 said:

I am looking to have my factory rally wheels sent off to  STOCKTON WHEELS in stockton california to punch out to 17x9.5  I want to fill the rear wheel well up  from the front outer lip to inner wheel well. I was lookin for pics here. What is the max back spacing on a wheel. The rubber would be about 305 40 or 295 40. I want rubber for driveability 

You may have to do some body mods, but one way or another ,they'll fit.

Image result for wrecked 1965 buick riviera | Car crash, Buick cars,  Abandoned cars

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just bought a 65 gran sport which will be stock ..... Mr Todd Uglow has sold me a few parts for it, with GREAT RESPECT for Mr Larry Daisy I am making a signature plate to install in the engine compartment. He was the reason I bought two of these cars. I have a 71 barracuda and it doesnt come close to this Riviera 

I've  had several Rivieras over the years. I ran slightly larger radial tires on the stock wheels with good results. A good quality tire will give all the performance that you need. I think that the original wheels will either be 6 or 7 inches wide. If you are going "pro touring" style you should contact a custom wheel and hot rod building shop. You might need some kind of mini tubs for clearance.

I bought a 65 that had been butchered up to become a race car.  The tires that came with it are slicks and 

probably 10".  I will take a look at them.  The other modification was some funky headers with dumps in front of the rear wheels.  

Seems like there is part of the exhaust that is a little close to the rear tire in the wheel well?  May be a clearance issue there.

I can take a look at the tires later. Cheers.

65541220476__241760C0-D63B-4FB5-AC83-2FBCE2A300B7 (1).jpeg

Ahhh CRAGARS ! Back in my low riding days ,the  70’s, they were considered top notch. We had a saying “ till the CRAGARS crack” which meant “ forever” because they NEVER cracked where as the ROCKET chrome mags most of us ran were notorious for cracking but they were affordable. Im sure that hopping our cars contributed to the ROCKETS cracking. Fun times!

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 4:23 PM, arnulfo de l.a. said:

Ahhh CRAGARS ! Back in my low riding days ,the  70’s

I actually bought that set of Cragars for my throwback Chevy.

003aa.jpg.fe81d3cff1dd353d71fd8f456fab474f.jpg

Then I bought this.

035.JPG.7d6294415f6067832bfee673d27f56a9.JPG

And I just bought this.

IMG_0128.JPG.d1442079e453b336878d8f489f242a3d.JPG

Am I in a style rut?