1934 Mercedes 500k (Heritage Replica)

CatBird

1994 Heritage built this 1934 Mercedes 500k It has a 1980 Camaro front stub frame with Heritage rear frame. In about 2004 it was redone by second owner who owner. Front suspension moved back 4.5 inches to have exact wheelbase as original factory 1934 Mercedes. Dayton wire wheels, period correct whitewall tires, Mercedes badging down to  the seat belts. Top reframed with Mercedes material. Engine upgraded to Chevrolet Crate engine with fuel injection, turbo 350 Chevrolet transmission with overdrive. Power windows, power steering, power brakes, power door locks, five inches overall as original as Mercedes factory. $24,000 added to Heritage factory.

1934 1.jpeg

1934 2.jpeg

Edited by CatBird (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi. I also have a Heritage replica of a 500k.  I do not believe I have ever seen a more beautiful vehicle.  Mine was built in 1989 and has a 350 Chevy, turbo 350 trans, Camero front clip…. All pretty standard from what I understand.  I need to upgrade wheels and several other Heritage parts.  Have you found any good sources of supply?  My car looks a lot like yours, but I need to clean up a lot of details and I believe many things can be replaced with a lot less effort than trying to save things that are now 34 years old and have not been maintained as well as they should have been ( my fault!  Sometimes life gets in the way).

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...