What are the Best Looking Prewar FOUR-DOOR Sedans? Custom and Production.

alsancle

Mentioning Big series Buicks here would be my choice. 1932 Md. 91 Club Sedan.DSCF1369.JPG.75a06eb880c0c5eeda80d4b1ecb2df87.JPGSupposed to have been a 1932 Show car. Photos taken about 10 years ago. It is now in not as good condition because it is stashed away in a damp building covered with.... Stuff... DSCF1361.JPG.7b277b7f08c73e1f42b3ab39b80a920b.JPG

Of course I was always partial to "Lucy"my 1937 Special without side mounts.

DSCF8783.JPG.2a71398a9bc4944e09774481ed8578df.JPGMay she rest in peace......

• Like 7

Gentlemen, sedans have four doors………not trying to be critical, but unless it’s a Brunn double entery saloon, it must have four doors to be a sedan.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Bill Robinson had great taste in motorcars.

Duesenberg JN Rollston sport sedan - Bill Robinson.jpg

I have a photo of it on the auto show floor in Chicago……..it’s never been published from what I know. Great car, and current owners are true car people. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Just imagine, that car had a Buick engine in it for years.

Had one years ago. Car was a British Consulate vehicle that had been scrapped. Bought the chassis then was told what happened to the wheels. Went there and bought them. Then told where the radiator went. Found it and all were in breakers scrap yards not automobiles. Double Six Daimler was the most beautifully plumbed car I ever saw.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

So we don't sully up the Dietrich thread any more than we need to.

I have a few.  But this one is at the top of my list.  Special Newmarket on a Silver Ghost chassis.

SilverGhostNewmarket-S374-2.jpg

This car was advertised on the Chicago Craigslist a few years (4-6 years)back. It was dusty with other cars in the background. It didn’t have a price listed and was a local area code. No local guys could could remember seeing it around. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Gentlemen, sedans have four doors………not trying to be critical, but unless it’s a Brunn double entery saloon, it must have four doors to be a sedan.

Ed, I am aware that the 34 Franklin V12 isn't a sedan.....but at 6,100 pounds, 144 inch wheelbase and a back seat, I threw it in there.  I didn't want to wait and see if we did this all over again for Towncars, then Victoria Coupes, then.....etc......

Great thread, just some fabulous stuff.  Keeping me from getting all the responsible things on my list done tonight.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, edinmass said:

John……just busting balls…….😎

Actually, after I wrote that, I thought “maybe Ed is into something, keep this strictly sedans and we should do this all over again for town cars, Victoria coupes, limousines, coupes, convertible coupes, Roadsters, Touring, dual Cowl Phaeton, convertible sedan,.........”

• Like 1

I will add something here soon but am somewhat overwhelmed right now with research, writing,  etc. Looking for one thing generates and idea for a story because seeing a lot of things makes it all come together for a true picture of what actually was going on . I have way to many ideas , way to many interests. I love this topic about the sedans !!!!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, George K said:

Ed you go tell the Maharaja it’s ugly.

At least it’s not five shades of day-glo  yellow, green, and red.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

I will add something here soon but am somewhat overwhelmed right now with research, writing,  etc. Looking for one thing generates and idea for a story because seeing a lot of things makes it all come together for a true picture of what actually was going on . I have way to many ideas , way to many interests. I love this topic about the sedans !!!!

I do hope to take notes so those ideas for future projects don't get forgotten. 

Bob 

Great thread.  Obviously a lot of higher end cars are represented.   While I think the 35 - 37 Jr. Packards are sharp in general, even the 115 could be had in a club sedan at that time.  Great lines, IMHO.

This one just needs to have the duck moved to the owner's bookshelf. 

FILE1980.jpg

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1