Boyce Motor Meter Clock

MrEarl

Lamar:

Looking through all my photos of 1920s Buicks I did not find a match. The size is consistant to what would have gone into the sport tourings/roadsters and broughams. Fuel/oil/amp clusters.  But as you pointed out this looks to be a compilation of bits and pieces to fit into the Motometer housing. The paper numeral face may have been from an old Westclock pocket Baby Ben watch.385389377_1925-Buick-111.jpg.bc1f9034de943976ac7bb512f828e950.jpg

• Like 1

It appears to be a 1934-35 50/60/90 clock, originally mounted in a glove box door, that has in more recent years been set into a Boyce MotoMeter housing, replacing the Boyce thermometer and face.  The brass colored base may be a lamp part.  An oddity of course, but not of the era other than component parts.

• Like 3

Elvis could wear it and remind you when to come back inside?

Seriously, it looks like a cool item to keep on the shelf.

Put it next to a photo of me to keep the rodents away.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jolly_John said:

"oddities of a feather flock together"

and so explains our long and endearing friendship my friend. 😆  

JJ you know all too well that I am one of limited finances and once I set a limit on something I seldom disregard it, sometimes very, very sadly. I was out early in the bidding of this and I am surprised it has reached the current $82 bid, I have seen fair condition actual Buick motormeters sell for a few dollars more. Me thinks I'll await one of them. 

Buickly, Lamar

• Like 2