QUESTION ON 1998 REGAL LS

I HAVE A 1998 REGAL LS CUSTOM CAR THATS LOADED, HOWEVER I AM CURIOUS AS TO WHY THE ASHTRAY DOES NOT HAVE A LIGHT IN IT..I HAVE LOOKED EVERY WHERE AND CAN'T FIND ONE..FOR SUCH A NICE VEHICLE AND YET WHEN SOMEONE SMOKES AT NITE..YOU CANT SEE WHAT YOUR DOING TO EVEN FIND THE ASHTRAY..PLEASE HELP OR JUST VERIFY THAT THERE IS NOT A LIGHT IN THE ASHTRAY..THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. ELLEN MY EMAIL ADDRESS:ELLEN_MALONEY@HOTMAIL.COM

• 3 weeks later...

Ash tray lights seem to have been deleted over the years on many vehicle, probably for cost considerations. Some vehicles still have them and other do not.<P>In the mid to late 1970s, GM and others used a fiber optic cable to supply light from a remote source (one of the dash lights) to many other places on the instrument panel, including the ash tray. It might be possible to do that with your Buick, but to pay someone to do that might well cost several hundred dollars in labor time plus parts to add one at this point in time. Possibilities exist, just depends on how much it's worth to you to make it happen.<P>Enjoy!