spark and throttle lever project - expressions of interest

Fordy

Hi all, I am having these 3d scanned and the faults on them digitally remedied for 3d printing in Aluminium.

These are off a Model R Hupmobile and I am led to believe that mid-teens Buicks used the same ones. No costings as yet as it will be determined by the number that gets done. Any interest? 

hupp levers.jpg

• Like 3

the gears used on the bottom of the steering column are bang on Identical. I bought some from Bobs Buicks a couple of years ago on a take a chance basis and hit the jackpot so I would believe these to be in that same category. At the time Hupp was using Jacox steering boxes until GM took ownership so they moved to Ross steering 

• Like 1

Now I know where they all are! The scans and corrections have been done and I am waiting for the companies that can actually make them to return from the holiday break. Unfortunately, Mark, the cost involved nowadays for transporting such items from the US to Australia makes getting them locally much more viable. UPS, USPS, Fed Ex etc. must be killing the businesses that relied on mail order. 

• 1 month later...

This has now gone to the manufacture stage for printing direct to metal in aluminum. One set only at this point in time as I have chosen to have them done offshore and want to see what the end result is actually like. 

The plastic parts I had done to test fit and generally check over were brilliant and showed up all the original cast in numbers and ejection pin marks, hopefully the metal ones will be just as good. Tha manufacturer asserts that apart from a polish and taping the threads they will need no work and be as strong as cast or CNC units.

Watch this space for news on the end product and I should then be able to give pricing if anyone wants a set or just a part thereof.

• Like 3