Oil change 27 Buick

Swear57

Jim,

This is the filter removed from the 1926 Buick Master that I have at my house.  Notice the cracking in the pot metal at the hose connections.  This will not be reinstalled.  How does the rest of the filter housing look?  I agree with dropping the pan as well and cleaning it out before restarting the car again.  I have seen a lot of failed oil screens on the oil pick up. 

There are several spin on type oil filters and flanged brackets available on websites like Summit.  My plan is to mount this on the back side of the rear engine mount where it is basically unseen, and run tubing to and from the block to the filter.    

Hugh

IMG_8942.jpeg.594f40803268eb8a06dc4a777cfd9858.jpeg

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Robert Engle said:

None detergent oils of the past are the big culprit in causing this sludge.  I would worry about the oil distribution tubes having this crude in them also.  Detergent oil came on the scene in the 50S along with multi viscosity oil.

Bob Engle

AND running the coolant too cold?  

Ben

• Like 1

I got everything cleaned up including the oil distribution tube today. Gaskets from Olson Gaskets will be here the 22 the oil filter the 28th. A/C Delco Part # C2030 Should be here the 28th. Should I be using a detergent oil & what weight?

Thanks Jim S