Duplicate Posting

I have just added a post to the "not-mine" section. It completed and appeared on the forum as it should. I have a second posting to add to the same section, but as soon as I post the title, all the text and pictures from my previous post appear in the body of the post. What am I doing wrong?

Secondly, other forum members say there is a "spelling check" feature on the forum. However, it has never appeared on any of my posts. (I am not that good of a speller or typist). Is it a feature I can switch on? 

I am using an ACER Chromebook R-11 Notebook computer over theVerizon network.

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

On 12/1/2022 at 9:48 PM, f.f.jones said:

Secondly, other forum members say there is a "spelling check" feature on the forum. However, it has never appeared on any of my posts. (I am not that good of a speller or typist). Is it a feature I can switch on? 

There is no spellcheck on the forum. The only spellchecking is a feature in your browser that you use to access the forum and post. I do not have a Chromebook so I can’t tell you how to activate it, but perhaps another member does and can help you.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:03 AM, f.f.jones said:

Thanks, Max. I'll asl my computer go-to guy (my grandson).

I was going to ask my go-to computer person but she had to be in bed at 8:00. So a quick search turned up this: 

Turn Chrome spell check on and off

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click Advanced and then Languages.
  3. To the right of “Spell check,” turn it on or off.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Edited by Max4Me (see edit history)