Found these 50 years ago…..found in my files as I purged them yesterday

• Jeff Perkins / Mn changed the title to Found these 50 years ago…..found in my files as I purged them yesterday
45 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Maybe because he bought two a month apart?

That might wash for the second one but why the first. Notice it says per contract, so maybe they were buying for a fleet or had other business dealings with the seller. Or who knows! :)

I was thinking that he had contracted to buy two cars.

Maybe with language that if he did not buy the second car, he would have to cough up the 15% on the first one.

Might have even been a third or fourth car to earn that 15%.

In those years, vehicle wholesale price to the dealers could be as much as 25% depending on the model and accessories.

Also, don't forget the person could have been friend of the dealer or a person that had other business dealings with that store.

Also the company with the name at the top of the invoice could have been a distributor for Dodge vehicles and the vehicle is being sold to one of the dealers in the distributors area of responsibility.    Think the Charles S Howard Buick Company in Calif/ owner of Seabiscuit race horse.  He sold Buicks all over the west coast to smaller dealers.  He was the factory wholesaler for Buick in the day.

https://www.prewarbuick.com/features/charles_s_howard

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

G.A. Meyer Mercantile was a long time fixture in the farm town era of Lake Elmo MN. Around 1973 the building burned down. At that time I was in college and working part time as a substitute rural letter carrier in town. The day after the fire myself and a coworker walked around the burn site and I found these two papers. No more. Old timers around town told me that Meyer sold cars years ago. I never researched the company and its history. I should do that!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...