wtb 48 Chrysler upholstery

Here is an unusual request. Many years ago I needed to recover my armrests on a 48 New Yorker I owned. I had a parts car that had the blue cloth material still present on the back side of the front seat's back cushion. The material was quite faded, but when I cut it off the seat, the underside of the cloth was colored blue like brand new. I used it to re-do my armrests and they turned out great, being done in original material. Now I have a maroon colored New Yorker. Does anyone have a maroon interior in a parts car that they would be willing to sell me the material off of the back of the front seat? Thanks,

Greg

I have a parts car that had Maroon interior but the most of the interior is pretty terrible.  I'm away from the car until the summer and I don't remember what the back of the seats looked like.  If you're still looking in the summer, let me know and I'll check. 

I'm hunting for replacement blue and gray broadcloth for my car.  I've got a few samples of some materials that come close to the original feel and at least one place that says they can do custom colors if that is what you're looking for.  

Christian

Greg, can you post a picture of what you are looking for ?

I have a parts car that the interior is not to bad, but just where you want it cut and the color might help.

Where are you located, I would make a deal on the whole car. (what's left of it anyway)

12 hours ago, JACK M said:

Greg, can you post a picture of what you are looking for ?

I have a parts car that the interior is not to bad, but just where you want it cut and the color might help.

Where are you located, I would make a deal on the whole car. (what's left of it anyway)

I would take the whole piece of fabric that is behind the front seat Back cushion. My interior is maroon. They only had one color maroon in that vintage so if your interior was maroon, that will work. It will look quite faded I'm sure, but once removed it should have good color on the underside. This worked for me 30 years ago, but maybe now I'm just dreaming. I'm in Minnesota, so taking the whole car probably wouldn't be possible unless we get one of those Chinook winds and it dropped the car off here. 

Edited by 24Chry48 (see edit history)

23 hours ago, christianad1156 said:

I have a parts car that had Maroon interior but the most of the interior is pretty terrible.  I'm away from the car until the summer and I don't remember what the back of the seats looked like.  If you're still looking in the summer, let me know and I'll check. 

I'm hunting for replacement blue and gray broadcloth for my car.  I've got a few samples of some materials that come close to the original feel and at least one place that says they can do custom colors if that is what you're looking for.  

Christian

If I'm still looking next summer I will look you up. When I reupholstered my blue 48 New Yorker front seat, I got material from SMS. They sent me samples of what they had and I picked the closest one. The new material seems thicker than the old stuff, but maybe because the old stuff is worn down from age. It turned out nice but didn't exactly match the rear seat, which still had nice original material. I guess new will always look new and old will look old.

10 hours ago, 24Chry48 said:

I would take the whole piece of fabric that is behind the front seat Back cushion. My interior is maroon. They only had one color maroon in that vintage so if your interior was maroon, that will work. It will look quite faded I'm sure, but once removed it should have good color on the underside. This worked for me 30 years ago, but maybe now I'm just dreaming. I'm in Minnesota, so taking the whole car probably wouldn't be possible unless we get one of those Chinook winds and it dropped the car off here. 

Its maroon I am sure, but still confused about just where this is. Are you saying the piece that you see if you are sitting in the back seat?

And how does it remove?

I sent a text to the number that you PMd  me, did you get it?

I will be going out to the shop today, in a couple of hours.

12 hours ago, JACK M said:

Its maroon I am sure, but still confused about just where this is. Are you saying the piece that you see if you are sitting in the back seat?

And how does it remove?

I sent a text to the number that you PMd  me, did you get it?

I will be going out to the shop today, in a couple of hours.

I never gave you a number to text to. I think you have me confused with someone else. But....the fabric I am looking for is what you see in front of you if you are sitting in the rear seat. It is the back side of the front seat, back cushion, where the robe rail is if you have one. The fabric goes the whole width of the back cushion.  It would have to be cut off with scissors or whatever you cut with. The fabric you are seeing is very likely quite faded out. Once removed, check the underside and see if the color is still good. It is a large enough piece of fabric that it will work for recovering two door armrests. Thanks for your response. Hope this helps.

Edited by 24Chry48 (see edit history)

My bad, It was Christian.

Sounds like he is looking for a tail light.

I didn't make it to the shop yesterday because it was pouring rain all day and the parts car is outside.

Will try and make it today and snap a pic or two that I can send via text.

• 2 weeks later...