For Sale: 1969 Cadillac Eldorado DelCaballero George Barris Custom Coupe - $9,000 - Roseville, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1969 Cadillac Eldorado DelCaballero George Barris Custom Coupe - $9,000 - Roseville, CA

1969 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

DelCaballero George Barris custom... only a few of these were produced this may be one of them, can't prove or unproven. Car is in good condition with much new, paint, tires, brakes, etc. Runs good, powerful 472 V8 with automatic transmission. Interior is in decent condition for its age (leather) headliner needs a little work around back window. A nice driver you can drive and enjoy as is... or put some bucks in, it will appreciate, Come see it. Retired, home most days.  Sell or trade. sell $9k trade $10/12k value

Copy and paste in your email: a601249299643f26a7e8b56499207067@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1969 Cadillac Eldorado DelCaballero George Barris Custom Coupe

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA a.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA b.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA c.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA d.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA e.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA f.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA g.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA h.jpg

'69 Eldorado DelCaballero CA i.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the least modified examples of a Barris custom I've ever seen. According to the website, these  could have a chrome grille cap which was pretty common during these cars hey day. I loved these cars when they were new but was always worried about the FWD system. My trusty Motors and Chilton manuals showed how to rebuild the axles using gigantic ball bearings. I decided to pass and went straight to the RWD Riviera.

9 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I bought a '72 with bad C V joints cheap years ago (it was my first FWD car). It was an OK learning experience. I never regretted buying it.

I've owned a couple of FWD Toronados and Eldorados, if there isn't at least one bad CV joint or boot there will be shortly. I still have the special tool for installing the metal bands that held the boots in place. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 11:53 AM, Rivguy said:

This is one of the least modified examples of a Barris custom I've ever seen. According to the website, these  could have a chrome grille cap which was pretty common during these cars hey day. I loved these cars when they were new but was always worried about the FWD system. My trusty Motors and Chilton manuals showed how to rebuild the axles using gigantic ball bearings. I decided to pass and went straight to the RWD Riviera.

When these were new I lived at 6,000 feet in the mountains and winter snows could be deep. A friend had one of these. With all that weight on the front axle and chains, it was unstoppable.