Unidentified ( Newcastle?) car in picture

Tino

Car is a couple years old. I can see the right side oil sidelamp behind the lady's elbow. Oil sidelamps were only installed on non-starter model Ts. Beginning early in 1919, all coupes and sedans were sold with the starter (and generator, battery, etc) as standard equipment.

The car is a coupe, one with suicide doors. However, which version of the coupe I am not certain. Pre-starter makes it almost certainly built before January 1919. That series of coupes began about September of 1918 as the new 1919 model. They were supposed to have the starters from the beginning of the 1919 model year, but production delays (seems that happened a lot!) had the first four months of 1919s without starters (although some of them did get upgraded later!). Latter half of 1917 and 1918 model T coupes were called "couplet", and had removeable pillars in the body and doors so that with the windows lowered, one had an open sided fixed roof car. The 1917 and 1918 removeable pillar couplets came in at least four significant variations. The last couple (and most common) couplet variations look enough like the later (1919 to 1923) coupes that without seeing certain specific details, they are difficult to tell them apart from the later coupes. So, whether it is one of the removeable pillar couplets?Or one of the few four month nonstarter 1919coupes? I can't tell.

The shock absorbers (extra springs) are Hassler brand. And the car has a nice dogbone radiator cap with larger MotoMeter.

• Like 1