Intermittent interior lights

ArcticWhite88

So I took my Reatta out this evening.  Nice quick spin around town. I noticed something odd regarding the interior lights however. With headlights on, no interior back lighting was present (around the perimeter of the CRT, shifter,  and accessory buttons). Same condition with just parking lights on.  However, they come on as you would expect when the fog light switch was pressed.  Any guesses as to why this is?  All switches perform properly, all exterior lights work, and no other issues are readily obvious.  I have done zero troubleshooting past this up to this point.  Thanks for any assistance! 

I have experienced this off and on [ no pun intended] in the past. Everything goes through the headlight switch and I believe most all goes through the fog light switch as well. I think your issue is the same as mine. As a "junker" I have swapped in and out many headlight switches but never the fog light switch. What I have done is turned the fog light switch on and off a number of times and then it starts working as it should again.

I always leave the fog light switch on as I like the look of all the running lights on as well as the LED fog lights that I installed. 

15 hours ago, ArcticWhite88 said:

I took my Reatta out this eveningNice quick spin around town. I noticed something odd regarding the interior lights however. With headlights on, no interior back lighting was present (around the perimeter of the CRT, shifter,  and accessory buttons).

Was it dark enough outside that the twilight sensor would signal the BCM to dim the lights? Have you tried moving the dimmer slider on the headlight switch? Twilight sensor and dimmer can be monitored in diagnostics. 

"no interior back lighting was present" if just the elecroluminecent light they have an inverter that looks like a relay and produces 110v. I'd check that first, is another above the steering column.

• Thanks 1