For Sale: 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4dr 'pillared' hardtop-sedan - $8,000 - Basin, WY - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $6,000: 1-22-2023:

58L-Y8

For Sale: 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4dr 'pillared' hardtop-sedan - $8,000 - Basin, WY - Still Available, Price Reduced to $6,000: 1-22-2023: See New Link Below:

Nice 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

472 V-8 Runs Good, Power Windows, Locks, Seats, New Tune-up, Battery, odometer: 70000
Copy and paste in your email: 66fa9c03c9ef3431827b2b8439283ef7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4dr 'pillared' hardtop-sedan.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 9,850 of this series and body style produced.

'68 Cadillac WY a.jpg

'68 Cadillac WY b.jpg

'68 Cadillac WY c.jpg

'68 Cadillac WY d.jpg

'68 Cadillac WY e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $6,000: 1-22-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4dr 'pillared' hardtop-sedan - $8,000 - Basin, WY - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $6,000: 1-22-2023:

Nice car, I like the white interior. What kind of hood ornament is that?  The last Cadillac Flying Lady mascot was used on the 1956 model, and it looked more like a jet. Is that a Chevy hood ornament? 

If this were closer , and in as decent condition as it appears, and has working A/C, I would consider using it as a Daily Driver.

The 1970 Cadillac convertible I sold a few years back was an amazing driver, and made very respectable fuel mileage-

and even as a convertible, the A/C was always Ice-Cold - we even used the A/C top-down at times !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Pretty cool, but yeah, the hood ornament would have to go.

Sure, if you were planning to show it,

but as a daily driver, and not necessarily needing to do the bodywork to close the holes, then repaint the hood, hoping to match 54 year-old paint ...(?)

I'd be tempted to just leave it as-is...

(Maybe advise the "self-proclaimed experts" that back in 1968, GM was experimenting with Cross-Branding, similar to what they had done decades earlier with Oakland's Pontiac, Oldsmobile's Viking, Buick's Marquette, and Cadillac's LaSalle - and therefore considering such models as their:

Bui-dillac,

Ponti-smobile (maybe for the ecumenical nod to San Marino and the papacy?),

Cad-vrolet (This magnificent attempt?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rivguy said:

Nice car, I like the white interior. What kind of hood ornament is that?  The last Cadillac Flying Lady mascot was used on the 1956 model, and it looked more like a jet. Is that a Chevy hood ornament? 

6 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

I think it is a Chevy hood ornament.   I don't care for white body (paint) but a white interior is OK. 

Agree to disagree, @Rivguy and @ B Jake Moran ,

But on closer inspection, I think the hood bird looks more like a 

1955-1956 Mercury,

and IF that is the case, we have a whole "nother" story.

I recall, as a teen-ager, the engine transplant creating the FORD-ILLAC,

so I guess Mercury trim could be a mis-step in that direction !

Picture 4 of 4

Picture 3 of 4

Picture 1 of 4

Picture 2 of 4

Picture 1 of 7

Picture 7 of 7

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

The door jams visible in the interior photos shows it was a medium-turquoise metallic color originally.    If this Cadillac has been a Wyoming car since new, good chance it is a very solid, rust-free example.

Simply mount a Cadillac hood ornament in place of the current Brand X one, mount small LED spotlights in the peripheral holes aimed at the Cadillac emblem...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Simply mount a Cadillac hood ornament in place of the current Brand X one, mount small LED spotlights in the peripheral holes aimed at the Cadillac emblem...

Or make the LEDs Red, and get a personalized license plate "RUDOLPH"

7 letters , so it works?

Then instead of LongHorns, install reindeer antlers?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

image.png.22cf423cee5a35001c8933adbab7a787.png

24 minutes ago, Rivguy said:

Pity the poor inattentive Jaywalker!

Well --

Maybe a set of actual 6 ft spread Longhorns and a huge chrome pair of Buell Air Trumpets --

Would that look more outrageous on my '54 Caddy, or maybe the '41?

or Fiorello, the '37 Roadmaster?

or how about the '30 Packard?

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)