1935 Hudson Terraplane Truck, not mine

$23,000 - That’s why it’s still for sale after 7 weeks. I know book values aren’t very accurate today, nonetheless low retail (which this truck is based on condition) is $6000. I really don’t think the book value is off by almost 4 times. If it is in good roadworthy condition and the interior is decent, I’d offer $10000 and be prepared to walk away if seller wouldn’t take it.

• Like 4

These are extremely attractive and thus desirable trucks in '34 and '35.   About 6 or 7 now known to exist I think.   I don't blame the seller one bit for starting the truck at this price.   It was his father's before him for many decades and though it looks tacky, he has done a significant amount of maintainence in the last decade.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

It was his father's before him for many decades and though it looks tacky, he has done a significant amount of maintainence in the last decade.  

I like it but not in the market.  Unfortunately another persons sentimentality doesn't add much value to most buyers. Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere in the post what significant maintenance has been done to the truck. That information might help justify his price.

16 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

These are extremely attractive and thus desirable trucks in '34 and '35.   About 6 or 7 now known to exist I think.   I don't blame the seller one bit for starting the truck at this price.   It was his father's before him for many decades and though it looks tacky, he has done a significant amount of maintainence in the last decade.  

Seller must work at glacial speed. I see nothing on the truck that looks maintained, repaired, or replaced. I didn’t see a list of his glacial speed accomplishments in the ad so do you have information we don’t?