For Sale: 1931 Chrysler Deluxe 8 Victoria 2 Door - $32,000 (Kelseyville, CA) - relisted

Not Mine - interesting 

re-list...

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/7551485277.html

1931 Chrysler Deluxe 8 2 Door Coupe Victoria in good running order. High end car for 1931 one of only 488 produced. Original Straight 8 Chrysler motor runs flawlessly. 3 speed manual transmission. Former Pebble Beach D'Elegance participant. Clear California Title in hand.

$32,000.

Must use Craigslist message/email process - I have corresponded with owner - ad is legitimate https://ladyluckgarage.net/

(more pics in Craigslist ad)

aw0100g0g_16iHMT2i0XEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

aw0200b0b_fKJLfMk4Tnmz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

aw0400V0V_gbG00kueepNz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

aw0500h0h_6p7AOWBOzRBz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

aw0600J0J_dal4D7EBa71z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

aw0700H0H_2esQPThak7Sz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

zw0300y0y_7hMG3lnApL6z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Edited by classiclines
update (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Car looks correct all around. Not a special order car, but still very low production and quite rare.  The car has early series 31 wheels, but that is getting awfully picky. Very nice car.

I stand corrected. The deluxe series did use a split rim wheel. I always was told only the first and second series used them, and the deluxe used a solid wheel. The 1932 models used the solid wheels.

Edited by 24Chry48 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

First time I’ve seen that body on a 32 Chrysler. So I would say it is a fairly rare  model.

Just to clarify, the ad calls it a 31 Chrysler, so is your remark:

- a typo, and it may be a rare body to see on a '31, or

- are you suggesting a re-body and if so, how did you recognize that?  Thanx!

1 hour ago, classiclines said:

Just to clarify, the ad calls it a 31 Chrysler, so is your remark:

- a typo, and it may be a rare body to see on a '31, or

- are you suggesting a re-body and if so, how did you recognize that?  Thanx!

I’d like the Victoria Coupe body style. So I pay attention to them to a certain extent. You see them quite a bit on other marques but not on Chrysler. So that was why I made the rare quote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 9:32 AM, alsancle said:

I’d like the Victoria Coupe body style. So I pay attention to them to a certain extent. You see them quite a bit on other marques but not on Chrysler. So that was why I made the rare quote.

I did manage to find an 'ad' for the Victoria, which seems to confirm the offering, but finding pics of any other Victoria has proven difficult.  Ad says the sixth wire wheel is an extra (so dual sidemounts was an option, not standard). 

ChryslerVictoria3.JPG

ChryslerVictoria2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just to clarify...   It appears that you have to follow the link to the Craigslist ad...   You then have to click on the REPLY box in the upper left corner.   You then have to answer the two  "I am not a computer/robot" questions.  Then Craigslist will give you a new email address - that will work for you.   If you use the email address I posted, I think it will have already expired the first time someone used it.   I did not know Craigslist-generated emails change continuously.   Good luck

Edited by classiclines
fix typo (see edit history)

Oops found one more. Looks like total porduction of 488 . The dash board and all window frames whould have been burled woodgrain which was not done on the for sale example. Only open cars had a painted dash.

CD8 2.jpg

Edited by jukejunkie1015
spelling error (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the v-nosed grills on these Chryslers, but something is odd to me about the dual-paned windshields which don't seem to follow the other styling cues of the body.  The rest of the body seems to flow with pleasing curves, yet the windshields seem to be very upright and from a previous generation.  Look at the first photo JukeJunkie posted and maybe others will agree.  Sharp squared off corners, like the designers were still not quite finished with this area but they had to get the car into production.  Maybe it would be more appealing in person...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 63RedBrier said:

I love the v-nosed grills on these Chryslers, but something is odd to me about the dual-paned windshields which don't seem to follow the other styling cues of the body.

I think you'll find a lot of the old cabin cruisers from this time period had the split windows that were similar to this car. I'm wondering if that wasn't the look the designers were after. 

Most of you know what it's like when you buy an old wooden boat - one thing  leads to another…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 63RedBrier said:

I love the v-nosed grills on these Chryslers, but something is odd to me about the dual-paned windshields which don't seem to follow the other styling cues of the body.  The rest of the body seems to flow with pleasing curves, yet the windshields seem to be very upright and from a previous generation.  Look at the first photo JukeJunkie posted and maybe others will agree.  Sharp squared off corners, like the designers were still not quite finished with this area but they had to get the car into production.  Maybe it would be more appealing in person...

They are very appealing in person. Arguably the nicest front ends ever on any cars were the 31-33 Chryslers, but I am prejudiced.  

• classiclines changed the title to For Sale: 1931 Chrysler Deluxe 8 Victoria 2 Door - $42,000 (Kelseyville, CA) - post deleted
  • 4 weeks later...
  • classiclines changed the title to For Sale: 1931 Chrysler Deluxe 8 Victoria 2 Door - $32,000 (Kelseyville, CA) - relisted