Are these bumper guards or something else?

1949 PLYMOUTHP17

They appear to be "shoes" for a cultivator. 

They would be available in various sizes; and shapes.  That would be dependant on what type of cultivator and what crop they would be used on.  Thus the different type ends, ends on each one. maybe one type for rocky soil verses a different shape for sandy soil.

I'm sure I have some old cultivators around the farm; but it would take some digging.  Sorry for the digging pun; but a farmer would know.

Goggle vintage cultivator; and these shoes are what actually dig in the soil. look at the lowest part of the cultivator. these are replaceable; because they wear out, moving the soil. 

intimeold

Edited by intimeold (see edit history)
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, intimeold said:

They appear to be "shoes" for a cultivator. 

They would be available in various sizes; and shapes.  That would be dependant on what type of cultivator and what crop they would be used on.  Thus the different type ends, ends on each one. maybe one type for rocky soil verses a different shape for sandy soil.

I'm sure I have some old cultivators around the farm; but it would take some digging.  Sorry for the digging pun; but a farmer would know.

Goggle vintage cultivator; and these shoes are what actually dig in the soil. look at the lowest part of the cultivator. these are replaceable; because they wear out, moving the soil. 

intimeold

Wow, thanks for the ID! Now I definitely will have to find a creative use for them.