Anyone ID These Parts?

15sd

1 hour ago, paulrhd29nz said:

Right is a valve stem extender 

No it is not, it is an Auto-Lite ignition coil part.  Using solid ignition wires, the coil wire from the distributor head to coil is inserted into the right side picture part.  A section of stripped back bare copper coil wire goes through the small brass opening and the strands fold around the brass end.  Then that piece is screwed into the ignition coil tower.

A29AB968-FBC8-43D1-BB78-A847166C1FB4.jpeg

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, paulrhd29nz said:

We’ll I’ll be. Never seen such a thing before. I’m used to smaller ones for the early Delco caps. Never seen one that tall before. 
thanks for the education. 

Yep, I learn a lot too here.  The screw in piece went away with the metal clip type end used on later designed coils.  The coil in the picture was a spare for my 1937 Dodge.

2 hours ago, 15sd said:

Thanks Terry. I suppose if I had the rubber boot it might actually be of use to someone.

If you have the coil and not the threaded insert, the insert would be good to have!

Good point. So .. the early Auto-lite coil's tower is threaded to match the insert? Perhaps I could see if it would also stay inserted in a modern coil's tower. Any idea what time frame we're talking? 20's?