Love this car. What is it?

Douglas Scott

9 minutes ago, Douglas Scott said:

Hello,

I see this car drive by on occasion and absolutely love it. He drives by around the same time and I was able to snap this picture. Any idea what make and model it is? And where would I look for one for sale? Classic Car Trader?  IMG_9413.jpg.b5aa367a522fa06ebbbb81c2549353a5.jpg

Thanks

1966 Buick Gran Sport....

1966-buick-skylark-gran-sport.jpg

1966 Gran Sport.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Now that you know what it is, scroll down thru the Forums and pay a visit to Buickland. There's actually a dedicated GS forum there. V8buick.com is another good place to visit. 

On a car like this I think it's better to try to purchase one from its enthusiast base. People who like the cars, know what is and ain't about them, and have usually tried to maintain them as built and done repair work to standard. That's where Buicks hold a slight advantage- they usually haven't been subjected to half-assed repair work.

It's worth noting that the Oldsmobile Cutlass/442, Pontiac Tempest/LeMans/GTO, and Chevrolet Chevelle/Malibu/SS are also built on this same platform and expand your choices. The Chevrolets can get pricey but those and Pontiac have good reproduction parts support. But the Buick and Olds versions of the GM A-body, well, you're riding in style!

16 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Now that you know what it is, scroll down thru the Forums and pay a visit to Buickland. There's actually a dedicated GS forum there. V8buick.com is another good place to visit. 

On a car like this I think it's better to try to purchase one from its enthusiast base. People who like the cars, know what is and ain't about them, and have usually tried to maintain them as built and done repair work to standard. That's where Buicks hold a slight advantage- they usually haven't been subjected to half-assed repair work.

It's worth noting that the Oldsmobile Cutlass/442, Pontiac Tempest/LeMans/GTO, and Chevrolet Chevelle/Malibu/SS are also built on this same platform and expand your choices. The Chevrolets can get pricey but those and Pontiac have good reproduction parts support. But the Buick and Olds versions of the GM A-body, well, you're riding in style!

Excellent. Appreciate the advise and pointing me in the right direction!