For Sale: 1939 lincoln model k v12 - $30,000 (Visalia)

Not Mine - flipper checks all the 'pet peeve' boxes, can't be bothered to assess car before posting it

Not sure how to assess 'snow' pictures with the fact seller "just got it"

https://visalia.craigslist.org/cto/d/visalia-1939-lincoln-model-v12/7533622334.html

Clean barn find with lots of extra parts. No rust issues and I just got off someone who past away supposed to run haven’t got around to trying yet. 559 call 935five one 2 seven

(a few more detail pics in the ad)

ae0100W0W_jPgzPblrhiMz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

ae0200p0p_78cDrn4YPdAz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

ae0300x0x_fFjEwCiIhhaz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

ae0400r0r_bBGec45MEkpz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

ae0500o0o_90J1Mc4V3QAz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

ae0600w0w_89KF53S9mA3z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

35 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

So eager to flip it, he didn't even press the button out of curiosity?

Yeah, that car doesn't run.

Do you remember the Judkins two door that floated around for a couple years for sale? Much more attractive car, a semi custom, but the engine was partially disassembled and it could not find any takers.

Is there any more expensive Lincoln than a cheap K?

4 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Do you remember the Judkins two door that floated around for a couple years for sale? Much more attractive car, a semi custom, but the engine was partially disassembled and it could not find any takers.

Is there any more expensive Lincoln than a cheap K?

Shockingly, it sold on BaT for like $22,000 a few months ago. I don't like to throw grenades into auctions so I didn't say anything, but I've heard from the guy who bought it looking for a lot of the same parts that were all blowed up in my engine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Shockingly, it sold on BaT for like $22,000 a few months ago. I don't like to throw grenades into auctions so I didn't say anything, but I've heard from the guy who bought it looking for a lot of the same parts that were all blowed up in my engine.

Actually,  I was thinking of a different one than this one that sold on BAT.  I will have to go find it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1939-lincoln-model-k-417-a-berline-sedan/

No Reserve: 1939 Lincoln Model K Two-Window Berline by Judkins Project

Wow, I don't remember that coupe. But knowing what I know now, I would be very interested. A worthy car.

EDIT: I see where I went wrong: you wrote "two door" and I read "two window." Sorry!

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

Wow, I don't remember that coupe. But knowing what I know now, I would be very interested. A worthy car.

EDIT: I see where I went wrong: you wrote "two door" and I read "two window." Sorry!

The fact that it was a two-door fastback was very intriguing to me. You know that most of them are for doors of some variety. I thought I recalled it was a Willoughby body. But maybe not. It was up for sale like three different times.