For Sale; 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible - $43,500 (Cottonwood)

Not Mine - I assume some will say pricey...

https://prescott.craigslist.org/cto/d/cornville-1956-cadillac-eldorado/7533358200.html

This is your chance to own an incredibly rare piece of Cadillac history. Only 1 of 2,300 made. Probably less than 200 of these rare convertibles survive today.

I recently purchased this car as a barn find with the intention to fully restore it... however, life got in the way, and now I must pass it on to someone else who might be able to.

Car has some paint peeling but is original pink color. One small ding on front left quarter panel.

New roof and interior upholstery.

Glass is all good. power windows are not working but all mechanisms are there.

Engine can run, and car drives, but it needs work. Engine was replaced with another 365 cu in 56 Cadillac v8 engine. Not numbers matching.

Clean Arizona title. Willing to ship domestic and international with full wire transfer of funds.

No low ball offers. This car can be worth close to $200k if restored to concours condition.

Located in Cottonwood, AZ.

To Email --- copy and paste into your email:
22c50c202ac639d688ca929ecb3272ff@sale.craigslist.org
contact name: Ryan

phone/text: (928) 288-2052

ac0100f0f_iOikUAjKI3Cz_08u08u_1200x900.jpg

ac0200t0t_6sEjNI3Z4V4z_08I08I_1200x900.jpg

ac0300000_4PSt35UFDbxz_08u08u_1200x900.jpg

so the seller is asking 43,000 dollars to give a buyer a change sink another 43 grand to restore the car. Umm Cadillac restorations ain't cheap. That probably scared to seller and/or he found things lurking underneath that scarred even more....GLWTS

• Like 1

At least the seller is being honest by writing they recently purchased it, none of the windows work, and it doesn't have its original engine!  How does a potential buyer interpret "Engine can run, and car drives, but it needs work?"  Does it run well enough to back it off the trailer to take photos?  

“Not the original engine……” 

These cars originally had 2x4 carbs, ARE THEY THERE??

Is the air cleaner there?

The existence of these is more important to value than any numbers  stamped on the cast iron. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Like 1