remote mirror right hand drive 63

Dundee

Well as usual I have the main part of the mirror but no mounting frame, found this on best offer counts and firstly just checking this is what I need and what is the hole at the center of the leading face?

Beyond that unless I choose to leave the passenger with the luxury of remote mirror (that said maybe handy for driver to reach over and adjust that side) I am looking at the rubber boot that the  controller sits in and wonder if it is worth the cost and energy for trying to fabricate that set up into the RHS door? Note I have no holes in exterior body work so that part is fresh. Was there an alternative to the remote as a standard that perhaps could warrant mounting a pair of those. This pair are in my kit, glass needs redo and heads won't hold still but wonder if anyone recognises brand or style?

Dundee 

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5111.PNG

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

Dundee, I have a 63 with no passenger side mirror. I think of myself as a careful and defensive driver when driving on any public road. I have rear view mirror, and side view on the driver side.  I use all that I have and when changing lanes I look to my right blind spot for a split second. I usually take a second split second peek over my right shoulder. Next, the side view mirrors I suppose do help on the passenger side. The passenger side side view is of no utility for me. The car does look balanced with a mirror on each side.

I’ve driven farm trucks starting as a boy and the large mirrors on the truck were an absolute requirement.

Continued good luck.

Turbinator