horns

coast

If your car doesn't have the  optional  4 note horns, both horns are mounted on brackets attached to the 

radiator support on the passenger side, just to the right of the radiator. If you have the four note horns, the two regular

horns are still in the same place and two extra horns are bolted to the underside of the hood on the driver's side, and are

suspended just above the left inner fender when the hood is closed. here is a pic of the standard horns........

DSCN0020.JPG

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Repainting the engine compartment is actually pretty easy........It took me about 15 hours to take everything apart,

paint everything and reassemble. First pic is my original 55,000 mile untouched engine compartment....second pic after

I refreshed everything.....

DSC03642.JPG

DSCN0014.JPG

• Like 7

That is an aftermarket cruise control that was installed in the car in 1967. The switch

is located on the turn signal lever.  It still works perfectly and doesn't vary even one mile per hour.

In order to install it, it was necessary to remove the four note horn option that the car came with.

(The horns would normally occupy the same space when the hood is closed). The unit was made by Perfect Circle.

Since this picture was taken I have located a reproduction Perfect Circle cruise control transducer decal which I have

installed on to the top of the transducer. Also since this picture was shot I added a correct yellow capped tar top battery topper to the battery, as seen in this pic below

DSCN0358.JPG

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 3