Help reading cowling codes 49 Streamliner

Dieselfumes

Greetings. Does anyone know how to or where I can get some information on how to read the cowl tag for my 49 Streamliner. So far the examples I have found don't match the number pattern i have on my Streamliner. It has a straight 8 that was built in Canada with the hydromatic transmission. However, a guy on another site says they didn't produce a Straight 8 in Canada at that time.. Thanks for any help...

Photo Editor20220910_124837.jpg

Photo Editor20220507_160924.jpg

Photo Editor20220507_160441.jpg

7 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

your 49 Streamliner has to be a USA model, that was imported in and given a Canadian Pontiac trim data plate, having the straight eight and the single range Hydra-Matic Drive transmission are two big clues. 

It has a high and a low transmission. 

Edited by Dieselfumes
Spelling (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Dieselfumes said:

It has a high and a low transmission. 

the Single Range Hydra-Matic Drive transmission is a four speed automatic transmission, in Drive it will shift three times 1-2-3-4, in the Low position you're starting out in 2nd gear and there's no upshifting, unless you push way down on the gas pedal - creating enough throttle pressure that the transmission will downshift to 1st gear and as you let up on the throttle pressure it will shift back to 2nd, it is not known as or called a high and low transmission.