For Sale: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special - "Excellent condition, Special Order Cadillac" - "Original interior" - Austin, TX - Not Mine - 9/14 Reduced - 9/15 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special 4-door Hardtop Sedan in Austin, TX  -  $75,000  -  Text Clay: 512 653 07 seven three

On 9/14, Seller reduced price to $62,000

Link: https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/austin-1959-cadillac-fleetwood-sixty/7530902409.html

Seller's Description:

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special 4-door Hardtop Sedan

• VIN: 59M071310
  • condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 55,000
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

You're looking at a special order 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood delivered new to Los Angeles, CA in 1959. The 'SO' designation means the car is finished in Hampton Green (Eldorado only color) with and Eldorado leather and cloth combo plus and Eldorado Seville headliner (build sheet pictured below). As an additional step up, the car rides on Kelsey Hayes alloy wheels (Eldorado Brougham wheels) which acted as the pattern for the '59 and '60 hubcaps featured on the Eldorados and Fleetwoods. The original hubcaps and steel wheels are included. I've done my best to represent the car below, but feel free to call or text if you want additional info or pictures.

MECHANICAL:
The car runs and drives exceptionally well and has had all major maintenance items addressed in order to keep it in excellent working order. Listed below is maintenance performed in the last 3,000 miles.
* New Brakes all around (shoes, wheel cylinders, dual reservoir master cylinder, and brake booster
* Rebuild Carter AFB Carburetor (Daytona Parts Co.)
* Rebuilt original AC Delco fuel pump (not the new junk pump you can buy off the shelf)
* New points, new cap, rotor, coil, and condenser
* New tires (5 Uniroyal Safety 800s)
* New idler arm
* New shocks
* Rebuilt heater core
* New fuel tank sending unit
* New brushes for the generator

EXTERIOR:
The Hampton Green paint shows exceptionally well and is free from any cracks or rust. The doors, hood, and truck fit exactly as they should (they close and open effortlessly) and the body lines/gaps are even. All of the body seals are new and the car doesn't leak a drop when in the rain (yes, I drive it in the rain). The chrome and trim is some of the nicest you'll find and every piece is present. All lights function as they should and the car is registered as a daily driver here in Austin, TX (and therefore had to pass state inspection).

INTERIOR:
The interior is 100% original and is in excellent shape. The pictures really do represent how nice everything has held up through the years. The seat leather is crack free as is the dash, and all ventilation controls work (the a/c is not charged and the A5 compression will need to be rebuilt). All gauges work as does the radio, the power antenna, and the autronic eye system.

image.png.29caf0a85aedf2eedb9b0b8d35aee613.png

image.png.080bfeb01272139c3a8e4983a1b6444f.png

image.png.e4608dc8a5858161b6faf463e0be5c95.png

image.png.bc661df70a76aa79871ce8b48bdc80fa.png

image.png.aaa15326d887c0249a4910b6bfcdbe65.png

image.png.c033478971edb4bee535229c6b1c1476.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special - "Excellent condition, Special Order Cadillac" - "Original interior" - Austin, TX - Not Mine
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special - "Excellent condition, Special Order Cadillac" - "Original interior" - Austin, TX - Not Mine - 9/14 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special - "Excellent condition, Special Order Cadillac" - "Original interior" - Austin, TX - Not Mine - 9/14 Reduced - 9/15 Deleted