Skagway Alaska Tour Bus. Modern old style?

keithb7

I think it's a very attractive bus for Skagway.   I hope it catches in in other parts of the country and some National Parks.   The front fenders and bumper give it that vintage look along with the paint scheme.  I could be enticed to take the Skagway Tour in that instead of a modern looking bus.   Looks good with the vintage town shown behind it.

Not convinced its a real 1927

Different plates as above, but looks the same

Link-->https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikealaska/15573392781

MACK Model AB - SKAGWAY ALASKA STREET CAR TOUR Skagway Alaska..1927 Mack Model AB...

MACK Model AB - SKAGWAY ALASKA STREET CAR TOUR Skagway Alaska

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, 1939_Buick said:

Not convinced its a real 1927

Different plates as above, but looks the same

Link-->https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikealaska/15573392781

MACK Model AB - SKAGWAY ALASKA STREET CAR TOUR Skagway Alaska..1927 Mack Model AB...

MACK Model AB - SKAGWAY ALASKA STREET CAR TOUR Skagway Alaska

I think that the best description would be inspired by...Mack-AB-C-Cab-Stake-Bed-16.jpg

I found that image here:  https://revivaler.com/mack-ab-c-cab-stake-bed/

2 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

...Looks good with the vintage town shown behind it.

Here's a view of Skagway's main street in March 2012. The bar owner was the only person in sight prior to cruise ship season. I recall the town had about 900 permanent citizens and 30 jewelry stores. We were in in '47 Dodge on our way back from Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories. Tuk is the furthest north one can drive in mainland Canada and Alaska was our 35th state visit.

The bar owner invited us into the Red Onion for a look. He had a Red Light District museum under development upstairs (the building housed this sort of business for a brief time) but I found the main floor front and rear most interesting.  Apparently, the building was moved several blocks to this site nearer to the harbour sometime early on. It was later determined either the building was plunked down backwards or they just wanted the ends switched around — the floor and saw cuts inside the front wall match shape and materials with those just inside the back wall. Remarkable.

47D Skagway.jpeg

Skagway Red Onion.jpeg

Edited by Chris Bamford (see edit history)

Ran into a gentleman in Watson Lake Yukon Territory on out way back from Alaska. 
He was riding a Ural(Soviet copy of a Chinese copy of a BMW with a side car. 
All packed with gear. He had dumped his back tire in the Arctic  ocean in Tuk and was on his way to the southern tip of Argentina. Solo trip staying to goat trails all he could. Real intersting fellow.