1941 Crosley car - $2,500

These are an interesting part of American automotive history....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/los-angeles-estate-sale-very-rare-1941/7530902830.html

Estate Sale: very rare 1941 Crosley hotrod. This car was originally a Convertible Sedan model and then in about 1956 it was converted to a two seat coupe convertible. IT DOES NOT RUN OR DRIVE. The engine and trans are present but they're seized up from sitting for nearly sixty years. The car does roll and steer. The car won second place in its class at the Crosley Nationals car show in Ohio in 2022. I had my fun with it, and now it's time for another enthusiastic owner to take it to the next level of restoration and have fun with it. There were no titles in New York in 1941, so this car will come with a bill of sale. This car is from the exclusive Michael Anthony K. collection.
NOTE: THIS CAR IS LOCATED IN A COLLECTION IN UPSTATE NEW YORK (SULLIVAN COUNTY), 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF NEW YORK CITY. email: a86e479cf1ec3ceb9437f7a61dac9376@sale.craigslist.org

00909_aw5Xrlc9ZbZz_084070_1200x900.jpg00j0j_bVXtWLtphVsz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg00Q0Q_7oU6DLp00Frz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

Cute, Cute, Cute !!!

The red one behind it seems to be wearing an Alfa-Romeo Grille

Cool car !

Many years ago, around 1958-1960 I bought a Crosley Hot Shot for (I think) $9.00 out of an Avanel, NJ junkyard, not far from the old NJ State Motor Vehicle Inspection Station, and the Rahway State Prison-

got it running and driving the next day !

Saw this car at Nationals this year (That's my wife's Hotshot on the right in the first picture).   It has undergone extensive modification and there is not a lot of pre war content left.  The original 2 cylinder engine is gone and what is left is very rough.  There were more than 10 times the number of postwar cars made compared to prewar.  The number is argued many times.  About 75-80 thousand post war cars.  Quite a few prewars have come out of the woodwork recently ( I just saw a very rare Liberty Sedan for sale) including the 1942 I bought.   

If anyone is interested in a Crosley, I would advise you to first become associated with the Crosley Auto Club.  We are a family friendly group that really helps each other.  It will save you time, money, and heartache!!   

• Like 3