Member Post being moved or deleted

Administrators,

If you decide to move or delete a members post, please let the member know. I was looking for a post I made about the "Request for Information"

postcards I keep receiving. I noticed it was no longer visible in the General Discussion area. After some digging around, I finally found it stuck in the middle of the current post on this topic. I will no longer contribute anything to this topic as it is a back and forth gripe session and is a waste of my time. If I get banned again for posting, well so be it.

Thank You

• Like 3

I don't like it either when a topic I have contributed to is deleted.  I don't understand why the administrators can't just delete the offensive post(s) and not delete the entire thread.  Is it a limitation of the software?  Lots of good information has been lost due to the deletion of an entire thread.

Edited by modela28 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, modela28 said:

I don't like it either when a topic I have contributed to is deleted.  I don't understand why the administrators can't just delete the offensive post(s) and not delete the entire thread.  Is it a limitation of the software?  Lots of good information has been lost due to the deletion of an entire thread.

Having moderated on other forums it really is a challenge to get the right balance, removing posts that are mixed between other posts is often time consuming and then makes posts referring to those posts not make any sense. There has been a few instances where what you describe has happened and I think they acknowledge that the forum did something they weren't expecting either 

31 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Can the general reader REQUEST to have threads removed or moved? I can think of a dozen I never care to read the title of again, much less any of the posts it may receive. There is an IGNORE option for posters, how about threads? Bob 

I think a request like that can be sent to the moderators via the report option

Although I agree with Bob that there should be a ignore thread option, it seems the OP concern is why can't we be notified when a mod MOVES a thread so he doesn't have to look all over the place for it. He did included the word delete in his post but after reading it, the premise (it seems) is more geared towards notification of a moved thread. 

Personally, I think it's a great idea, mods will probably disagree as it creates more work for them and may cause other issues. 

As the saying goes, it's not a perfect world...

Like ignoring politics and other topics we disagree with, we all just have to get used to it. 

This thread is closed! ;) 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, 9F94M567042 said:

Administrators,

If you decide to move or delete a members post, please let the member know. I was looking for a post I made about the "Request for Information"

postcards I keep receiving. I noticed it was no longer visible in the General Discussion area. After some digging around, I finally found it stuck in the middle of the current post on this topic. I will no longer contribute anything to this topic as it is a back and forth gripe session and is a waste of my time. If I get banned again for posting, well so be it.

Thank You

You posted the following:

A warning to all you idiot's out there that drive these big flippin 4x4 trucks, mind your p's&q's when on the roads. Nearly got into an accident on the highway today because of your stupidity. Probably the only reason you drive such a vehicle is because you're lacking in other ways!

It was NOT moved. It was simply deleted.  It's not helpful or productive, and has no place in this forum.  

The post you made in the "history requested" topic was NOT deleted.  There were 2 topics on the same subject so they were combined.  No, I will NOT let people know when that happens. It's common sense.

Also, you can also see ALL your posted in your profile.

9 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

You posted the following:

A warning to all you idiot's out there that drive these big flippin 4x4 trucks, mind your p's&q's when on the...

It was NOT moved. It was simply deleted.  It's not helpful or productive, and has no place in this forum.  

What a coincidence. I was about to complain about the guys out there in oversized go karts that won’t get out of the way.

😇

• Haha 2

Ok, let me set the record straight now. I'm posting this topic because I can't respond to the other post for some reason.

I was not referring to the post made back in July. I know that post got deleted and I was banned from posting and accepted the penalty imposed by the admins. I did not agree with the decision, but I know I was wrong and made the post out of anger. I was also labeled a "spammer" which I am not and members looking at my profile page will now see that. That posting and the issues around it are now resolved and the matter is closed.

All my original question was asking was to notify members when a post gets moved/changed/removed to another topic.

From now on I will seriously rethink anything I may decide to post on here.

Regards