Anyone out there know a lot about 59 Buicks? Especially Electra 225?

StylishOne

Working on restoration of a 4 window 225 with gray broadcloth. I’d like to see some details of door panels, trunk trim , rugs and dash pad on low mileage original cars .. I want to redo mine correctly. Where can you get parts (yes  I have n ad in parts wanted too ) ..Like to chat w 59 owners for them to help me along this restoration journey .. 

Thanks

R

Seems like there is a strong cluster of '59 owners in the Washington State area? 

Might Google be your friend in this quest, too?  There CAN be several variations of interior trim related to body style, possibly?

www.eatondetroitspring.com has some factory sales brochures on their website.  Go to the page to order springs for your car.  On the far rh edge of that toolbar is an icon which will bring up the sales brochure.

Contact "The Bugle" Editor to see if he might have any old copies (of the magazine) devoted to 1959 Buicks, too.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know where the extra length is on an E225. If like long wheelbase Olds and Pontiac it's behind the rear wheels.

If that's the case, front fender and doors trim from any other series four-door should work for you. Maybe not rear door trim if the rear doors are longer on E225.

Think these are the wheelcovers you're looking for? Currently on ebay at $500 buy-it-now.$_1.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I'm thinking a presentable set of those 59 Buick spinner hubcaps could be put together for a LOT less than $500 if you mention them when you're chatting with some fellow Buick owners, keeping an eye out at any junkyards you may be visiting in your parts searches, maybe some Facebook Marketplace watching, and a little legwork at the upcoming Fall Swap Meets. Be patient and keep looking. 

• Thanks 1

I think the same way but my thought was here's a whole decent set in one place. Also to provide an example in case OP wasn't sure which wheelcovers came on E225.

The 59 Buick standard full wheelcover looks more "Buick-y" to me, but spinners were in style in 1959 and Buick's flagship car couldn't be left behind!

s-l500.jpg

• Like 3

I'm thinking when they turn up today in the collections on Facebook, in junkyards as wallhangers or in the piles, or on swap meet spaces with all the other wheelcovers on the ground many sellers aren't familiar with their application and they'll be priced with all the other hubcaps in the $5-$10-$20 range. 

• Like 1