63 vent control cable question

Dundee

Are these plastic bits like turn buckles for adjusting the cables or otherwise??

trying to lube the cables  and get them moving also see some new after market replacements available and views there appreciated 

A7DCCD96-406B-4370-B556-8C589408827C.jpeg

Those appear to be the cables that operate the heater valve, defrost door, and other manual doors for the Heater etc. The two fresh air doors in the kick panels are operated by seperate cables. Unsure what the plastic dooflickies are …. may be for adjustment.

Making sure they are free to move is a good idea. Most of the parts are able to be refurbished with some penetrating oil and working them back and forth. In my opinion much nicer to get the originals working again as at least you know they fit.

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by rodneybeauchamp
Extra information (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Dundee said:

trying to lube the cables  and get them moving also see some new after market replacements available and views there appreciated 

I wasted a lot of time re-coring some of those cables with music wire only to find compete sets of better than OEM from Oldair.com

AC set:

https://www.oldairproducts.com/product/26-1463-ez-slider-cable-set?gfid=p118170-c145140

Old Air Products26-1463 - EZ Slider Cable Set 1963 Buick Riviera models, w/ Factory A/C (6 Pcs) $104.00

image.png.08814d6276c798127688b1bbaedb9234.png

Non AC set:

https://www.oldairproducts.com/product/26-1563-ez-slider-cable-set-1963-buick-riviera-nonair?gfid=p124617-c174657

Old Air Products26-1563 - EZ Slider Cable Set 1963 Buick Riviera models, Non Air (2 Pcs)

image.png.2ff137441bfdd825c554f0d93f6dbf91.png

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

To answer part of your question, yes, those are turn buckles. 

Thanks ed thats what I was looking for..and for the others, points taken and have been working the cables and yet to clean the controller thoroughly but obviously a bit concerned about any issues after all back together as upside-down under the dash is not my thing! Way easy right now..