Jump to content

62 invicta convertible question


Recommended Posts

Greetings, I need some advice/suggestions. 


 the convertible top motor/pump died.  Any suggestions for a source for a new one?  I'm not ruling out a rebuild but at 60 years old . . .  (the car that is).  I'm assuming the apparatus is behind the rear seat; doesn't look like you can access from the trunk??  How difficult is it to get to the top motor and replace it?


Thanks for any help.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hydraulic pump/motor is generally accessible from inside the trunk, but am not certain per your Buick. You might need to remove the back seat, but I'd be surprised.

I got my pump and all new hoses from Hydro-E- Lectric  with Excellent results


Complete set $609  - includes:

Convertible Hydraulic System, Free Shipping! Two top cylinders, one motor pump, and complete hose set available as a kit for a reduced price plus free shipping!!

Direct fit for your 1962 Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac full size cars. Our convertible hydraulics come with a 5 year warrantee. 


Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...