Hershey Restaurants/Eateries

starfireelvis

As an out-of-towner, some 300+ miles away from Hershey, I would like to once again have the recommendations of locals for any restaurants (especially new ones) to visit for dinner, after a day of walking the miles and miles of the swap meet fields.  

Of course, recommendations from Hershey Meet regulars who want to chime in with their good places to go are appreciated as well.

Finally, and I don’t know if this warrants another topic, but if locals could post if there are any construction concerns in the area, let us know as well.

Thanks!

So Elmwood is a very cool newish place here, there is the Chocolatier in Hersheypark, Hidden Still Spirits downtown, Bollywood in the Sheetz complex near the park, there is a big complex downtown (former Post office behind Starbucks that will have many food vendors set up.  Beautiful new building with all sorts of goodies. Oh and Troegs has an expanded parking lot now with a major addition going up.

There is some local road work being done but should we finished by the time you folks arrive.  Other wise all systems go! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve, thanks for the suggestions.

Bob, I have been to the all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinners at the Hummelstown Fire Department for several years, and I have always enjoyed it.   Having said that, those dinners were always late Friday afternoon/early Friday evening, and this year, with everything being moved one day earlier, that would be the exact time that people would be getting ready for and attending the Awards Banquet at the Hershey Lodge.   I wonder if the Fire Department is aware of this, and if they’d be willing to move it back one evening to Thursday.   

SO Sorry to read the Lions Club folded up but not surprised. Many long time decades old service clubs have done so for local chapters: Lions Club, Kiwanis Club, Masons, headquarters or buildings that they owned or built to gather in for meetings etc  have been sold off. Even in populated areas like here on long island. Sad to see but with communication now "instant' via the internet personal contact is no longer a basic necessity  in life. Everything is moving at a record pace , no one has the time - then all of sudden you look in the mirror and see a gray or white haired figure stating back at you. Enjoy the camaraderie and friendship while you can . Life is brief.

Walt

• Like 5