Front doors

Battaglia

Hello, I am reassembling my 1934 Buick sedan series 60. I have a problem with reassembly the front doors.
ling the front door. She stays leaning back, and I don't understand why. Can someone 
help me?
I attach a drawing.
The problem is the same on both sides.
No problem with the rear doors.

Front door.jpg

Is the front pillar wood old, or was it replaced with new wood?

If old wood, the screws could be pulling out.  Then the upper hinge might not sit flat on the soft or damaged wood.  The hinge plate would then be angled rearward, making the hinge pin centerline too far back.

No matter new or old wood, your upper hinge pin centerlines need to move forward to lift the back end of the doors back up.

It will be impossible to adjust hinges if the wood is bad.  If it's not bad and still very solid at the hinges, a tapered shim behind the INNER edge of the hinge could help.  That would move the pin centerline forward. 

What happens if you lift the back of the door? Is the door sagging due to worn hinge pins, or loose screws holding the hinges, or are the hinges solid but the doors out of place? If it is loose pins or loose screws the fix is obvious, if the door or body is out of true you have a different problem.

When i did my doors(36 Buick), i had equal vertical gaps, front and rear of the door, and a gap up top like you show. I had to loosen the  body mount bolt, closest to the hinge pillar, and shim it, to close the top gap. Looking at both gaps shown in your illustration, the lower hinge needs shimmed.

I would not suggest shimming the hinges first, especially if gap at door/body is uniform along front edge of door. Shimming body mounts usually straightens the body opening to match the door, and often only 1/16" added steel shim will do the trick (don't use rubber, too much compression). Shimming a hinge will usually not do the job as it will result in an uneven gap at hinge side of door. Based on my experience trying to line up doors on a 1931 Chevy 2door, in your case likely the body shim closest to the rear door post is too high. Check to see what is in there and try removing perhaps 1/8" of shim material and tighten body down. If shims near rear door post look proper minimal thickness (about 3/16"), then body shim nearest front door post will need to be lowered along with lowering body shim further back of car. Essentially body is drooping in center along this side and the droop can only be removed by adding or subtracting body mount shims in correct spots and bolting down snugly.