For Sale: 1938 Cadillac 60 Special Sedan, Partial Restoration, Further Restoration & Assembly Required - Project - $8,000 - Scarborough, ME - Not Mine

For Sale: 1938 Cadillac 60 Special Sedan, Partial Restoration, Further Restoration & Assembly Required - Project - $8,000 - Scarborough, ME
Seller's Description:

1938 Cadillac 60 Special Sedan -127” wb -style 386019S -body 3483 made by Fisher -engine number: 6273695
(346cu.in, 625L) -frame number is the same as the engine. A good project for restoration. Everything was restored, (including the car before restoration) except the engine and upholstery. Original factory blue paint.  Very unique car, low production. Not too many left on the road.
Copy and paste in your email: 59bb3a47e30e3ebba237869518f48ddf@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1938 Cadillac 60 Special Sedan.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, Edited by Kimes and Clark states 3,704 1938 Cadillac 60 Special Sedan built.

'38 Cadillac 60S ME a.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME b.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME c.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME d.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME e.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME f.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME g.jpg

'38 Cadillac 60S ME h.jpg

• Like 1

This car has been for sale for a very, very long time. IMO, when it’s all done it’s worth high $20’s to maybe $30K. Can buy a nice one, ready to go for far less than it’d take to put this one on the road. I was looking at a pretty decent one earlier this year. I got an estimate of around $9K just to re-chrome the grille.

I think they meant to type "original factory blue color..."  I would consider tackling a half finished project like this, but the engine and upholstery could still add up to big bucks!

I've had a few projects and one of the first things I think about it is "what color will we paint it". But, Having said that paint is one of the last things you want to do just before upholstery. 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:37 PM, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Yes while math may not make sense what has been done looks pretty nice in the pictures anyway.  Hopefully someone wants to take it on but I might be more inclined to buy the green one from a couple weeks ago.

Steve, has anyone commented yet on the avatar change?  Looks good.

• Thanks 1

This poor '38 60 Special is just another worthwhile pre-war car condemned to become a resto-rod because of escalating restoration costs and ready availability of the same series in fine condition for less than the cost of restoring this example.