1941 CADILLAC SERIES 63 - $36K

I'll let the Caddy experts weigh in on the price...it does look very nice...too bad about the headliner!

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/orangevale-1941-cadillac-series-63-door/7525108085.html

amazing full restoration done some years ago . over 100k in parts and labor .346 ci flat head v8 , three speed manual column shift . Runs and drive excellent !seats are plush and perfect. The paint is fantastic . must see in person to really grasp how much of a perfect example of a car this is . The chrome on this car is all there and looks great . There is a whole lot of it . Comes with spare steering wheel and some extra hard to find parts. Can go right to a show and stand out amongst the crowd :)
346 ci flat head v8 , three speed manual column shift .
selling for $36,000.  I am helping my father sell while he is on a trip . please call 916- 335-3900 , my name is Ted

01616_d4yK5KArDPjz_0CI0sS_600x450.jpg01212_5MqQQi4CMAhz_0CI0ho_600x450.jpg00G0G_caeMKPi0DPMz_0oS0t2_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_1Aik44uO06sz_0CI0nk_600x450.jpg00o0o_dGlSlPjg49pz_0CI0rZ_600x450.jpg00101_b8AGeqjFm3oz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00909_lmOghKab0TOz_0xd0t2_600x450.jpg

If the undercarriage is clean, and it’s all in proper running order, and it had a broadcloth interior and the rear window didn’t leak and the headliner was in good shape, it’s a $25K-$28K car. To make the interior and headliner right and fix the rear window leak, I’d say close to $15K. Deduct that from the $25K, and there ya’ go.

• Like 3

Someone spent a hundred thousand dollars on a restoration and used the wrong upholstery material?  That labor kills you! Proper upholstery material would have cost another three, maybe four thousand, for some of the best in the world! No added cost for labor! And the stained headliner?

The whole deal sounds fishy besides. Dad will probably come home from his trip and find the car where he left it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

I owned a series 63 1941 Cadillac….and a 1941 series 60S.   The Series 63 is a better car.    Styling is great.  Forget this one.  As Matt notes. 

Jake please elaborate.  I like Cadillacs of this vintage a lot but would think the 60 Special is the car to have between the two.  Please educate me on this.  

The series 63 was the supposed LaSalle body for 1941. It is a semi fastback style.  The series 62 is a shared body.  The series 60S while highly recognized, is squared off and formal. 

Note the 3rd side window behind the rear doors.  Both the 62 and 60S lacked this window. 

I loved the belt line of the 63.  In true Harley Earl fashion it lowered the car.  But overall there was a degree of homogeneity for 1941 Cadillacs.  The 63 series had a very nice interior as well.  Engines, transmissions, grilles etc all the same.  

Others may disagree with me but the 63 had a sporty big car feel to it. The 60S seemed a bit  stuffy by comparison.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)

Ahh, definately a Ginger vs. Mary Ann thing then.  Agree on style variation, just opposite preferance.  I like the 60S, 62, and 63 in that order although the 63 is sporty for a sedan.

I have heard they are great tour cars, without too many mechanical "watchout fors" by these years.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

This car is still for sale. The price has been lowered to $28k. I found it on Craigslist yesterday and was doing some research on pricing and ended up here. Good insight above from you all. I had been thinking low $20’s was a reasonable offer due to the incorrect interior and stained headliner (owner says the window was removed and re-gasketed) but it seems like you all think lower. Sounds like everything works as it should except the horn and dash lights. He said it needs a fuel pump rebuild - currently running on a 6v pump. He said it runs/drives well. It’s been listed for a while now so the price is proving to be too high. Any inputs on a reasonable offer given this additional information?