Who has 1940 Lincoln zephyr vent window seals?

Paul S Allen

After months of searching, I finally found  Pat Walsh Restorations. They say they can have some made if I send 485.00 plus 8.00 for shipping with no firm ETA. Before I spend the money, which I am that desperate, I thought I would check if anyone knows of a better option. If anyone else needs front vent window rubber for a 1940 to 48 coupe or sedan maybe we can get together and get a group discount!😊

• 2 months later...

Steel Rubber might have some.  Can't recall where I got mine for my 41 Zephyr club coup, but they aren't that easy to install to really seal out the weather.   Any after market things can be problematic and not fit properly.   I think the rubbe of today is better material, but if they don't fit properly it's mostly academic anyway!   Look in Hemmings monthly publications for ads on all sorts of sources!

If anyone has modified some seals to fit can you let me know what you ordered and instructions? Next time I’m at a car show I’ll look for 49 Fords.      
   I have sent my money to Pat Walsh, he told me he has the molds, I hope he comes through!

Here’s the story Chris Herrel told me. Steele rubber has the molds, but Edmond Pease of Narragansett reproductions owns the rights to it. Chris has tried to buy these rights but they couldn’t come to an agreement. I’ve tried to call Narragansett but the number does not work, I assume they are out of business. Whatever little battles I have finding parts, I know Chris has fought long and hard before me and I appreciate all his hard work!

• 4 months later...

Pat Walsh has sent me some seals, but they were the wrong ones!  I still hope he comes through and I will let you know if he does, but not looking good! I sent him a sample of my seal he said he could make a mold from, but looks like I’m putting my old ugly seals on if I want windows this summer! He hasn’t responded to my phone calls recently.

• 4 months later...

Here’s the latest, I decided to try the 41-48 Ford seals. The length is correct and they fit in the channel nicely but the pivot holes and slot for the window lock don’t line up and require modifications. A hook knife and scissors seemed to cut the best for me. These will get me by until I stumble across the real deal. Thank you for the suggestion Abe!

• 2 months later...

I have to let everyone know how hard it is to get money back from Pat Walsh. He keeps telling me he is going to refund me but I haven’t received it yet. It’s embarrassing to tell people you’ve been taken advantage of, but hopefully it will save you some trouble in this case. I notice he has an add in Hemming’s and I can’t imagine how many people have sent him money and not received product. If he ever refunds me I’ll let everyone know.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to let everyone know I received my money back from Pat Walsh today. I would like to tell him thank you, but it was like pulling teeth and I lost sleep trying to keep my cool and not get upset. I want to thank the ladies at Hemmings classifieds. They even called him when I made a complaint about his service. They told me they haven’t received complaints about him before and he has been a long time customer so maybe I’m the exception, it’s up to you!IMG_6388.jpeg.6e137b059efecf115f849dbe942cad52.jpeg
By the way, the seals are now available with the seller Collectors Auto Supply on EBay, if someone gets them tell me how they are!😊

I put 180 miles on the Lincoln this summer, even though I still have a lot to do it drove nice and I really enjoyed it!

• Like 1